Guide for Helping Deliver Jakarta EE 9

Reza Rahman

Mar 22, 2020, 5:16:52 PM3/22/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Folks,

One of the things I wanted to take care of this weekend is polishing up
the guide Ondro started on how to help deliver Jakarta EE 9. The guide
is geared towards contributors just beginning:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-GMg_V6pm5GwCfvp4nZdDl8XRHTdmX80rcE-Bgv9CZg/edit?usp=sharing.
I tried hard to keep it a one pager but it spilled over to two.

Can you please take a look and give me your feedback? I want to get this
out there as soon as possible and begin engaging the many people that
expressed interest in contributing to Jakarta EE in the past few months.
Waiting too much longer might mean losing too many of these people that
I think we badly need.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

Please note views expressed here are my own as an individual community
member and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Otavio Santana

Mar 23, 2020, 8:44:47 AM3/23/20
to Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hey Heza, I did some suggestions on the doc.
In general, it looks good.

Otávio Santana

Reza Rahman

Mar 24, 2020, 8:10:07 PM3/24/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
May I kindly request any initial feedback be shared by Friday? By Monday
I would like to begin reaching out to a number of folks that have been
waiting a while to hear back.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

Please note views expressed here are my own as an individual community
member and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Kevin Sutter

Mar 25, 2020, 12:55:26 PM3/25/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Thanks, Reza, for the reminder!  I have added comments and suggested edits directly in your Google doc.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
e-mail:  sut...@us.ibm.com     Twitter:  @kwsutter
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:
.

Reza Rahman

Mar 27, 2020, 9:44:44 PM3/27/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Kevin Sutter
I am going to begin reaching out to all the people who are waiting with
what I have now. At some point, I prefer some discussion on where this
content should ultimately reside. My current opinion is that it should
be a child page of this:
https://jakartaee-ambassadors.io/getting-involved/. Other ideas?

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

Michael Redlich

Mar 28, 2020, 5:49:36 AM3/28/20
to Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Kevin Sutter
Hi Reza:

Yes, +1 on your suggestion that the document become a web page.  The URL can be advertised on social media and via e-mail.

Mike.

Code, Write, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat
InfoQ Java Queue Editor
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

Rudy De Busscher

Mar 29, 2020, 6:30:48 AM3/29/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Reza Rahman
A link from the website is also an option but webpage is fine for me.

Nishant Raut

Mar 29, 2020, 6:38:23 AM3/29/20
to jakartaee-...@googlegroups.com
Agree we should port document into webpage, should we include hyperlink on how to raise PR etc.

Thodoris Bais

Mar 29, 2020, 7:25:04 AM3/29/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Reza, the document looks good to me, so no further additions from my end at this moment.

+1, this document should become a child page of the "Getting Involved" page.

Thodoris

m.reza.rahman

Mar 29, 2020, 12:15:23 PM3/29/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Unless anyone objects, I would like to move ahead. Can someone kindly volunteer to make the changes to the website? The folks from Alamon can get you set up with access.

Reza Rahman

Thodoris Bais

Mar 29, 2020, 4:02:16 PM3/29/20
to m.reza.rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
I could pick that up.

How could I reach the folks from Alamon?

Thodoris

Op zo 29 mrt. 2020 om 18:15 schreef m.reza.rahman <m.reza...@gmail.com>:

Reza Rahman

Mar 29, 2020, 8:38:51 PM3/29/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Let's give them a couple of days to respond here. If not, I will tap them on the shoulder.

Reza Rahman

Reza Rahman

Apr 1, 2020, 9:31:16 PM4/1/20
to Dennis Gesker, Wesley Jackson, Thodoris Bais, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Dennis/Wesley - could we kindly set Theo up with website edit access? If it's an issue, I can do it.

Reza Rahman

Wesley Jackson

Apr 1, 2020, 9:33:51 PM4/1/20
to Reza Rahman, Dennis Gesker, Thodoris Bais, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Sorry for the late reply, I will look at that here in the next few minutes.

Regards,
Wes

Jackson, Wesley

Apr 1, 2020, 10:21:34 PM4/1/20
to Wesley Jackson, Reza Rahman, Dennis Gesker, Thodoris Bais, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
I have sent an invitation to Thodoris for the website. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Wes

Thodoris Bais

Apr 2, 2020, 1:17:14 AM4/2/20
to Jackson, Wesley, Wesley Jackson, Reza Rahman, Dennis Gesker, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Cool, thanks a lot, Wesley!

I saw indeed an invite coming in.

Will have a look at the website tomorrow.

Thodoris

Tobi

Apr 2, 2020, 4:05:36 AM4/2/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tobi and I recently expressed interest to contribute to the Jakarta EE (starting with the faces and EL for now) where I can.

Best Regards,
Tobi

Kito Mann

Apr 2, 2020, 9:03:22 PM4/2/20
to Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE community discussions
Hello Reza,

I know I’m very late to the party, but I read through this and I think it’s very well done and very much needed; thanks for doing this. The only thing I noticed is that the link in this sentence is incorrect (I can’t comment or edit the doc):

“response in a timely fashion, please don’t hesitate to ​let us know​“

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Java Champion | Google Developer Expert | LinkedIn
Expert training and consulting: PrimeFaces, PrimeNG, JSF, Java EE, Polymer, Web Components, Angular
Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech

* Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast: http://enterprisejavanews.com

Reza Rahman

Apr 2, 2020, 10:21:26 PM4/2/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Kito Mann
Doesn't it link to this Google Group? Should I change it to a mailto? What do you prefer as the link?

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

Kito Mann

Apr 3, 2020, 5:57:30 AM4/3/20
to Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Interesting... on my iPad it appeared to be a broken link, but on my Mac it looks fine. I guess we should leave it as-is for now.

Thodoris Bais

Apr 3, 2020, 7:05:23 AM4/3/20
to Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
As discussed, this guide has now been published as a child page of the Getting Involved page:

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 12.57.07.png

Moreover, I took the liberty to also add an extra bullet on the bottom of the parent page to enhance the linking between them:
Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 13.02.16.png

Please let me know if there are any objections.

Thodoris

Ondro Mihályi

Apr 3, 2020, 7:15:01 PM4/3/20
to Thodoris Bais, Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Awesome, Thodoris, good job!

The link on the parent page is clickable but it doesn't appear as a link (it's not underlined and appears as the rest of the text on Android Firefox). All the rest is just perfect.

Ondro

Dňa pi 3. 4. 2020, 13:05 Thodoris Bais <thodor...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

Reza Rahman

Apr 3, 2020, 10:25:44 PM4/3/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
It all looks good. Thanks for taking care of this. I made some very minor cosmetic changes for consistency with the rest of the site. This weekend, I'll post this to DZone.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

Michael Redlich

Apr 4, 2020, 7:21:33 AM4/4/20
to Thodoris Bais, Reza Rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Awesome, Thodoris!

Thanks for posting on the website!

Mike.

Reza Rahman

Apr 18, 2020, 7:53:59 PM4/18/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE community discussions
FYI DZone finally published the guide: https://dzone.com/articles/guide-to-helping-deliver-jakarta-ee-9. Please consider up-voting. Hopefully it gets us a few more active contributors.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger

reza_rahman

Apr 25, 2020, 12:46:10 PM4/25/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Otavio Santana
Otavio is on the mailing list, hopefully he will engage you. However, it is likely most helpful to engage the broader community on the Jakarta NoSQL mailing list. The mailing list has fairly low traffic and I am sure feedback would be appreciated there. I believe the project has addressed some of these points in the past, however.

Reza Rahman

Apr 25, 2020, 12:53:53 PM4/25/20
to reza_rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hello everyone, yes, I'm here :)

There is no transaction in these specs?
We don't have support to the transaction because usually, the NoSQL database does not have support to transaction. We can have by extensions to a particular NoSQL database.

The APIs seem similar to JPA, but not shared APIs with the existing JDBC, JPA.
That is the top question. That's why I diced to write a post:

https://dzone.com/articles/jakarta-nosql-the-main-idea-behind-the-api
There is also a issue about it:
https://github.com/eclipse/jnosql/issues/165

About the reactive, it returns a Stream and the specs have support to both: Java 8 and Java 11.

If you have more question, please, let me know.