[announce] JackTrip packages for Debian/backports

IOhannes m zmoelnig

Apr 19, 2022, 3:10:23 AM4/19/22
to jacktrip-users
this is a follow-up of my recent announcement of "[up-to-date] JackTrip
packages for Ubuntu".

now, as we have discussed here, if you are using Debian, then the
Ubuntu-PPA is not really the panacea.

so after mike's insistence (thanks) and roman's assistance (thanks),
there are now Debian-backport packages that you can install on your
server running the trusted Debian/stable environment to still get the
latest and greatest JackTrip.

https://backports.debian.org/

the website should contain all the information to get you started...
however, since mike dearly wished for a 3-line recipe to follow, here
you are:

```
mkdir -p /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main" \
| tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports.list
apt-get update
apt-get install -t bullseye-backports jacktrip
```

fgmdasr
IOhannes
OpenPGP_signature

Mike O'Connor

Apr 19, 2022, 9:11:40 AM4/19/22
to Jacktrip-users
thanks IOhannes and Roman!

i tested your recipe and it worked perfectly.

one last wish on my wish-list. could we update the documentation page with an explanation and the recipe?

https://jacktrip.github.io/jacktrip/Install/

thanks again,

mike