Installing desktop link without admin privileges (Win 7)

Massimo Manca

Jun 9, 2021, 4:24:49 PM6/9/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I need to know if there is a way using Inno Setup to create a link to
the installed program without rising the privileges to admin. My
application has to be installed with normal user privilege. Is there a
way to do that?

Thanks,
Massimo

Eivind Bakkestuen

Jun 9, 2021, 7:14:54 PM6/9/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Specify the correct "auto..." parameter and I believe that should work. See the Constants page of the web docs.

Bill Stewart

Jun 10, 2021, 11:18:40 AM6/10/21
to innosetup
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 2:24:49 PM UTC-6 Massimo Manca wrote:

I need to know if there is a way using Inno Setup to create a link to
the installed program without rising the privileges to admin. My
application has to be installed with normal user privilege. Is there a
way to do that?

Yes.  Use the [Icons] section.