SK 2285 09 November 2019

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 9, 2019, 2:32:18 AM11/9/19

Date: 25 September 2019

Nov 9, 2019, 2:34:22 AM11/9/19

Nov 9, 2019, 2:36:56 AM11/9/19

Nov 10, 2019, 1:15:23 PM11/10/19

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 13:06 Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:18 PM Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:16 PM Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Date: 25 September 2019

Nov 10, 2019, 1:27:22 PM11/10/19

Nov 11, 2019, 1:56:32 AM11/11/19

Nov 11, 2019, 11:00:23 AM11/11/19

radha veach

Nov 11, 2019, 9:17:09 PM11/11/19
to efloraofindia
Sopubia trifida perhaps

Regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2019, 11:13:05 PM11/13/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, dr.rakesh Singh, radha veach
Thanks, Radha ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Tue 12 Nov, 2019, 7:47 AM radha veach, <radha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sopubia trifida perhaps

Regards
Radha

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2019, 2:52:36 AM11/14/19
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, radha veach

Thank you Radhaji for the ID !

Sopubia trifida Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don

Nepali Names : तिक्ता Tiktaa /  साल्चा  Saalchaa

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Nov 14, 2019, 7:49:23 AM11/14/19
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, efloraofindia, radha veach
O My God !!! This image is unforgettable ! I checked efi and realised my folly !
I had in my mind Sopubia trifida image from Flowers of India  http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Split%20Leaf%20Sopubia.html, which is most definitely misidentified  !! I hope Tabish ji will take note !!

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2019, 11:09:29 AM11/14/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, radha veach
Excerpts from book and efc:

Corolla yellow to purple; tube ca. 3 mm; lobes orbicular-obovate, ca. 5 mm, subequal, apex rounded. Filaments ± flattened;

Thank you Dr. Singh !

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Nov 14, 2019, 12:34:03 PM11/14/19
to Saroj Kasaju, Dinesh Valke, J M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, radha veach
Saroj sir ,
Funnily enough , florakarnataka jcb herbarium quotes some old flora page , saying corolla yellow with purple center . And it has 3 photographs with pink tubular flowers   !!!
GBIF says it has 3 lower taxa ,without giving any detail . Var. madagascarensis is deep pink flower , morphology similar to your specimen .
Just read a paper revising genus sopubia ... it says Soubia trifida flowers pink , obviously talking about var. madagascarensis .
Interestingly , I searched posts on S .trifida in Indian Flora...there are 3 types of posts ... 1. Parasopubia delphinfolia being identified as S .trifida , 2. Yellow flowered S .trifida same as yours , and  3. there is a pink tubular flower ,smaller than flower in Parasoubia delphinfolia without dark throat .
This 3rd one needs to be studied ...because it is neither of two , unidentified .

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2019, 12:59:30 PM11/14/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, Dinesh Valke, J M. Garg, Tabish, efloraofindia, radha veach

Interesting indeed Dr. Singh. Some expert would advise on this? By the way only one is listed in Nepal.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Nidhan Singh

Nov 14, 2019, 7:38:38 PM11/14/19
to indiantreepix, dr.rakesh Singh, Dinesh Valke, J M. Garg, Tabish, radha veach
Nice pics Saroj Ji..
Please also go through this post which was identified as Sopubia trifida

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 14, 2019, 7:57:02 PM11/14/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke, J M. Garg, Tabish, dr.rakesh Singh, radha veach
Yes Nidhan Sir! I have gone through it !

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Nov 17, 2019, 7:23:35 AM11/17/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J M. Garg, Tabish, dr.rakesh Singh, radha veach
Thanks Saroj ji for this upload.
I was not aware that Sopubia trifida is so different from Sopubia delphinifolia.
One of the pics at FoI is mine; I went by the young trifid leaves, which I now realize on reading this post, that the leaves near apex are quite variable compared to basal matured leaves.
Thanks very much Radha for suggesting the ID; thanks Rakesh ji for pointing to images in FoI; I am sure Tabish will take care of the page.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Nov 17, 2019, 7:31:45 AM11/17/19
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix, dr.rakesh Singh, J M. Garg, Tabish, radha veach
Thanks Nidhan ji for your upload.
Somehow I must have missed noting your post then.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 17, 2019, 7:37:16 AM11/17/19
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, J M. Garg, Tabish, dr.rakesh Singh, radha veach

Thank you Dinesh Ji. It is my pleasure as well !

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Nov 18, 2019, 8:47:59 AM11/18/19
to Saroj Kasaju, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, J M. Garg, Tabish, radha veach
Just finished page on Sopubia trifida .
It doesn't have any post with pink flowered S. trifida .
Also , conspicuous by its absence is pink flowered  S. trifida in Indian Flora or any other Botany group on facebook .
Question is , does Pink Flowered Sopubia trifida  occur in India ?

This https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/1260884812 link shows pink flowered S. trifida in Madagascar .

This http://www.ville-ge.ch/cjb/publications/cando681/C681_115-122.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1Q412F4FCvMQYIPNZ6Bu-EfGXLdnahemfQs4ouQmzknMraW020NucLP5g paper is about segregation of Parasopubia from Sopubia and a new taxon and sub-taxa of Parasopubia from Western Ghat with key for species .

This document    http://sciencepress.mnhn.fr/sites/default/files/articles/pdf/a1998n2a9.pdf  is revision of Genus Sopubia .

Hope this will be helpful .

Tabish

Nov 19, 2019, 12:37:54 AM11/19/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, radha veach
Thanks Rakesh ji and others. I will correct it on FOI.
   Best wishes
   Tabish
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers