Idrequest - 29Jun2010AR02

raghu ananth

Jun 29, 2010, 11:13:12 AM6/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Idrequest - 29Jun2010AR02

At Talakona water falls, our good guide walked over the rocks and
soon he appeared to be on an intense search for plants. After about twenty minutes, he came back with these plants and explained with great interest on the plant significance. However, we could not comprehend -a language barrier existed between us.

I still wonder, what was he talking about this plant.

Talakona, Andhra Pradesh
Habitat : Growing on the rocks, close to water falls

Regards

Raghu

DSC_1006a.jpg
DSC_1006b.jpg
DSC_1007c.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 29, 2010, 1:16:06 PM6/29/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think this is some kind of Epipremnum sp from the family Araceae!!
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Smilax004

Jun 29, 2010, 1:35:12 PM6/29/10
to efloraofindia
This is Piper sp. for sure of Piperaceae.

Regards,
Giby

On Jun 29, 10:16 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is some kind of *Epipremnum sp *from the family Araceae!!
> Tanay*
> *
>

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:43 PM, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Idrequest - 29Jun2010AR02
>
> > At Talakona water falls, our good guide walked over the rocks and
> > soon he appeared to be on an intense search for plants. After about twenty
> > minutes, he came back with these plants and explained with great interest on
> > the plant significance. However, we could not comprehend -a language barrier
> > existed between us.
>
> > I still wonder, what was he talking about this plant.
>
> > Talakona, Andhra Pradesh
> > Habitat : Growing on the rocks, close to water falls
>
> > Regards
>
> > Raghu
>
> >  --
> > .

J.M. Garg

Jul 8, 2010, 7:24:49 AM7/8/10
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, tanay bose, Smilax004, Yazdy Palia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think this is some kind of Epipremnum sp from the family Araceae!!
Tanay”

“This is Piper sp. for sure of Piperaceae.

Regards,
Giby”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSC_1006a.jpg
DSC_1006b.jpg
DSC_1007c.jpg

Yazdy Palia

Jul 8, 2010, 1:25:39 PM7/8/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, tanay bose, Smilax004
Dear Friends,
Giby Ji is correct. This is Piper Nigrum. Attaching some pictures of
it from my place. The leaves though are tender and you will find
spikes on which you will find the flowers or tiny immature peppercorn.
The plants that you see have sprouted from seeds that have been
swallowed by birds and then have come out with its dropping or have
been washed to these rocky areas by rain water.
Regards
Yazdy.
DSCN2627.JPG

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jul 11, 2010, 1:29:51 PM7/11/10
to efloraofindia
I tend to agree with Giby as usual. This has to be some Piper.
Regards
Pankaj

Yazdy Palia

Jul 11, 2010, 1:41:32 PM7/11/10
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
To convince everyone, I will pick small pepper vines that have
sprouted from seeds. Hopefully in tomorrows mail.
Regards
Yazdy.

JM Garg

Apr 5, 2021, 6:46:59 AM4/5/21
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Maybe Piper hymenophyllum as per discussions at Piper sp. From Talakona

Apr 5, 2021, 7:31:36 AM4/5/21
to efloraofindia
Piper hymenophyllum

Mailtrack Sender notified by