Piper sp. From Talakona

Bharathi raja

Mar 4, 2021, 5:02:09 AM3/4/21
to efloraofindia
All,
Found this climber in Talakona forest, Chittor dt. AP on the way to falls.
Feb.
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7086.JPG
IMG_7085.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 4, 2021, 5:12:45 AM3/4/21
to efloraofindia
Piper attennuatum,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 03/04/21, 03:35:32 PM

J.M. Garg

Mar 7, 2021, 1:49:00 AM3/7/21
to efloraofindia, Bharathi raja, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Paradesi ji, for the id suggestion.
I feel it is closer to Piper nigrum L. as per images and details herein.
One wild plant from Talakona was identified as such at Idrequest – 29Jun2010AR02 – efloraofindia | Google Groups

Specimens from India in GBIF, look somewhat different.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7086.JPG
IMG_7085.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 7, 2021, 4:08:35 AM3/7/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

Apr 1, 2021, 7:54:40 AM4/1/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Bharathi raja
Thanks, Padmaraj ji

Apr 1, 2021, 8:20:58 AM4/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Bharathi raja
It is not Piper nigrum, I am sure, the taste is different, it is wild,
--
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2021, 8:27:23 AM4/1/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Bharathi raja
Thanks, Lalithamba ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2021, 12:34:23 PM4/1/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Bharathi raja, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 20:54, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is Piper hymenophyllum

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2021, 12:34:50 PM4/1/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Bharathi raja, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
  Thanks, Lalithamba ji