Poaceae for identification :: 010914MK02

Muthu Karthick

Sep 1, 2014, 1:53:47 AM9/1/14
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Please help me in identifying this grass species, found in open fallow land as lawn.

Location: Villupuran dist., TN
Alt.: 125 M ASL

Date: 25 Aug 2014

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2014, 8:34:32 AM9/7/14
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,96,000 messages on 31/7/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Grass.jpg
Grass (1).jpg
Grass (2).jpg
Grass (3).jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2014, 10:27:43 PM9/7/14
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Tanveer ji.

Sep 7, 2014, 10:28:23 PM9/7/14
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Gosavi ji.

Sep 9, 2014, 10:53:30 PM9/9/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Tanveerji and Gosaviji. I wasn't aware of the fact this species shows variance in inflorescence.

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2014, 11:53:42 PM9/9/14
to efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, vinod...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick

Sep 21, 2014, 7:51:30 AM9/21/14
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Manoj ji.

Sep 22, 2014, 2:38:00 AM9/22/14
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Manish ji.

Oct 7, 2019, 1:24:28 PM10/7/19
to efloraofindia
I am not aware of much , and I am rather afraid of grasses , because of lot of size variation .
Today morning only, matter of Dactylectenium came up in a conversation in another group . On my walk I did find 2 types of it , and I have a third type which is exactly like the specimen in this post . Peculiarity of this type is , it appeared after first rains ....never grew more than 10 cm , on main axis spikelet was one held at an angle in 99% , 1% had two , usually tip bare ......it dried and died fast , in a month even though rains were more than normal . Why I got curious.....crowfoot grass is something I am familiar with since early childhood . I do not remember its dwarf edition .
Just now I visited the subpages , sadly I could not find much useful .
I think I should make a post .....either my 3 types together , or one by one ? Garg Sir ?

J.M. Garg

Oct 7, 2019, 11:30:14 PM10/7/19
to efloraofindia
Oct 7, 2019, 11:30:56 PM10/7/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh
Thanks, Rakesh ji,
I think one by one should be OK to start with.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

ushadi

Oct 8, 2019, 1:41:52 AM10/8/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh
one by one, RAkesh
is better
than everybody who knows about grasses can chip in

and in the end when Gragji makes a page there would be compilation of a lot of info

Regards
Ushadi

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2019, 2:45:48 AM10/8/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks, Rakesh ji.

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 10:05, dr.rakesh Singh <dr.rake...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure sir. In a day or two . Let me organize my images and get them to size .

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Oct 8, 2019, 3:25:02 AM10/8/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh
Could be Dactyloctenium aristatum,