Webui as root folder

Eduardo Gil

Nov 9, 2018, 9:36:27 AM11/9/18
to iDempiere
Hello community.

I have a domain for example: xxx.Eduardo.Com. I want to point this domain to the system and go directly to login page but without redirect to webui.

Also I would like to have something like xxx.Eduardo.Com/admin to get the admin page for monitor and install plugins and other stuff.

It is something like change root context of jetty to webui and make a different one to the admin.

Have anybody ever done something like this?

Best regards,

Eduardo gil

Heng Sin Low

Nov 9, 2018, 7:08:15 PM11/9/18
to idem...@googlegroups.com
You have to use apache or nginx proxy to do that.

sume...@kanzlei-wmv.de

Nov 12, 2018, 12:19:38 PM11/12/18
to iDempiere
I am using the apache http server to get my users to the webui directory.
The webui directory still appears in the address bar.
Still to me that is sufficiently convenient for the average user.
Here is an excerpt from the server.conf:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName erp.mysite.com
  Redirect permanent / https://erp.
mysite.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
  ServerName erp.
mysite.com

  SSLEngine On
  SSLProxyEngine On
  SSLCertificateFile    /etc/letsencrypt/live/
mysite.com/fullchain.pem
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/
mysite.com/privkey.pem

  ProxyRequests On
  ProxyPreserveHost Off
  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:9080/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:9080/

  ReWriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/$ /webui/ [R]
</VirtualHost>

This configuration makes sure that the user always lands on
even when he is just typing erp.mysite.com or explicitly calls the insecure http address with or without addressing the webui dir.

The admin site can be reached through erpadmin.mysite.com through this config:
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName erpadmin.mysite.com
  Redirect permanent / https://erpadmin.
mysite.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
  ServerName erpadmin.
mysite.com
  SSLEngine On
  SSLProxyEngine On
  SSLCertificateFile    /etc/letsencrypt/live/
mysite.com/fullchain.pem
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/
mysite.com/privkey.pem

  ProxyPreserveHost Off
  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:080/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/
</VirtualHost>

Chuck Boecking

Apr 19, 2020, 6:48:38 PM4/19/20
to iDempiere
Thank you for providing the example configuration. I used it as inspiration to create this configuration. You can also put the admin urls on a different port for easy firewall access control.

It is also important to know this nginx configuration exists as well.

Thank you again for sharing!!

Chuck Boecking