IBrowse 2.5.5 Released

Oliver Roberts

Aug 14, 2021, 6:45:06 AM8/14/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
IBrowse 2.5.5 is now available for download (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate
instead). This is a maintenance release with an important fix for a crash
bug introduced in 2.5.4, along with performance improvements, the addition
of third-party cookie blocking and a few other fixes. The full list of
changes follows:

- Updated Danish, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish and Swedish catalog
translations, by Niels Bache, Samir Hawamdeh, Kolbjørn Barmen,
Mariusz Danilewicz, Javier de las Rivas and Pär Boberg respectively
- Tweaked the installer to work around the broken Version command in
A-EON's Enhancer Software
- OS4: Fixed truncated multipart form submission, when any file upload
elements were left blank (e.g. Gmail)
- Fixed problems with the accept/reject from this server buttons not
always working correctly in cookie action requesters
- Added third-party and first-party cookie types to the information shown
in cookie action requesters
- Added AmigaOS 3.2 detection
- Third-party cookies now detected and can be blocked using the security
and/or URL prefs settings
- Resumed downloads in the download manager didn't show the size, but now
show the total expected complete size
- Fixed corruption of auto resumed incomplete HTTP gzip encoded
downloaded files
- Fixed <embed> objects causing crashes, due to the previous changes in
the <iframe> code
- Improved parsing speed of huge inline JavaScript sections
- Don't bother to copy inline JavaScript into a buffer, if JavaScript is
disabled, improving performance
- Tweaked puddle size of one of the main memory pools, to improve
performance

This is the fifth free update for registered users of IBrowse 2.5.
IBrowse 2.1-2.4 and 1.x users may upgrade to IBrowse 2.5.5 via our store
at discounted rates.

--
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk

Albrecht Kinzkofer

Aug 14, 2021, 12:25:58 PM8/14/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Oliver, for your continued efforts and service!

Gesendet: Samstag, 14. August 2021 um 12:45 Uhr
Von: "'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users" <ibrows...@googlegroups.com>
An: ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [ibrowse] IBrowse 2.5.5 Released

Javier de las Rivas

Aug 15, 2021, 4:11:33 AM8/15/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
*** On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 11:45:02 +0100, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

> IBrowse 2.5.5 is now available for download (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate
> instead). This is a maintenance release with an important fix for a crash
> bug introduced in 2.5.4, along with performance improvements, the
> addition of third-party cookie blocking and a few other fixes. The full
> list of changes follows:
>
> - Updated Danish, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish and Swedish catalog
> translations, by Niels Bache, Samir Hawamdeh, Kolbjørn Barmen,
> Mariusz Danilewicz, Javier de las Rivas and Pär Boberg respectively
> - Tweaked the installer to work around the broken Version command in
> A-EON's Enhancer Software
[...]

> This is the fifth free update for registered users of IBrowse 2.5.
> IBrowse 2.1-2.4 and 1.x users may upgrade to IBrowse 2.5.5 via our store
> at discounted rates.

thx to all involved!!!!

Regards
--
AOS4.1/SAM460ex/PPC460EX-1155MHZ/2048MB/RadeonRX550/SSD240GB/DVDRW :-P

wurzel

Aug 15, 2021, 7:08:35 AM8/15/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 11:45:02 +0100, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

> IBrowse 2.5.5 is now available for download (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate
> instead). This is a maintenance release with an important fix for a crash
> bug introduced in 2.5.4, along with performance improvements, the addition
> of third-party cookie blocking and a few other fixes. The full list of
> changes follows:

Thank you very much.

Maxine Ashley- Glory Box 0.0e0 X+ Playr Music Stop Music Doywnload MP3 Ring tone smooth and very quick, good stuff :)

Bye for now,
--

((Politically Incorrect Tagline Deleted)).

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Voodoo5, Spider USB, IDE 2Gb & 40Gb drives, CDRW

weather: Partly Cloudy : 17.00 C, 62.60 F
Winds : South-west 10.36 MPH, 16.67 KPH, 9.00 Knots
Jersey Airport (EGJJ), United Kingdom

Neil

Aug 15, 2021, 8:41:48 PM8/15/21
to 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for all your efforts in keeping IBrowse "alive", but I rarely use it as I use Wayfarer
on MorphOS more than any other browser currently, and until IBrowse can offer somewhere near
those capabilities I doubt I will use it, but I will try to support your efforts whether or not
I use IBrowse as it is worth seeing how far you can take it . . . into the future!

It loads up really fast on MorphOS which is great, but it's quite a lightweight browser in modern
terms as to its capabilities, but it would be nice to have close buttons on each tab, and
webpage icons on each tab and bookmark would also be a great addition - if that's possible?

I really hope v3 of IBrowse materialises at some point, but it's a difficult project to realise
with current internet technology changing at such regular instances.

Regards to all other IBrowse users around the world that have access to these group messages.

kindest regards

Neil Pearson

maillists

Aug 21, 2021, 3:35:52 PM8/21/21
to 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
> IBrowse 2.5.5 is now available for download

Thank you, Oliver, for the updates and your bugfixing effort.

rgds,
-listmail