User agent detection

CUGI

Feb 13, 2022, 10:36:10 AM2/13/22
to ibrowse-users
I'd like my webpage to recognize IBrowse users.

I tried JS .getElementByID(...) but it isn't implemented. Is there another way it can be done without access to the server?

Thanks and great work.

Oliver Roberts

Feb 16, 2022, 11:10:41 AM2/16/22
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On 13/02/2022, CUGI <ev...@cugi.ie> wrote:
> I'd like my webpage to recognize IBrowse users.
>

> I tried JS .getElementByID(...) but it isn't implemented. Is there another
> way it can be done without access to the server?

document.getElementById() is supported, but will mainly only find images
and form elements.

For browser identification, you need to be looking at the navigator
object - navigator.userAgent, is what you want, I think.

--
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk

CUGI

Mar 4, 2022, 3:48:43 AM3/4/22