Hugin 2021.0.0 released

T. Modes

Dec 30, 2021, 4:42:13 AM12/30/21
Hi all,

today we are releasing Hugin 2021.0.0

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2021.0/hugin-2021.0.0.tar.bz2/download

Verify its checksums:
md5:
166a8e795548cec566a06db38f0ed664  hugin-2021.0.0.tar.bz2
sha1:
bd0ffdd70d47ae6c6723c5b3225ddce56595ebc1  hugin-2021.0.0.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

(The 2021.0 release correspond to changeset 52df0f76c700 in our repository, which is also tagged as 2021.0.0).

Changes since 2021.0 rc1
* Only the release date has been updated in the appdata files
* No changes to source code or build system.

Changes since 2021.0 beta 1
* Updates several translations
* Fixes possible crash in autocrop algorithm when using extreme large canvas size

Changes since 2020.0
* Fast preview window can be panned in zoomed state with middle mouse button.
* New overview mode: inside panorama sphere (similar to a interactive panorama viewer)
* Updated build system for OpenEXR3.
* Several bug fixes.

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

The release notes can now also be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2021.0.0/

(It contains also libpano13-2.9.21, which was released today)

MD5 checksum
1c79c2a20cf427d1153788c7012aa77e *Hugin-2021.0.0-win64.msi

Abrimaal

Dec 31, 2021, 12:18:05 PM12/31/21
Thanks a lot for the option to
Ignore the color spaces (profiles)
The ICC profiles were relicts of misunderstanding between human eyes (everyone sees different colors)
and imperfections of machine sensors.
This useful option will save a lot of time, drive space and abusing inhuman words.

Thanks for horizontal line detector, as well.

Happy New Year :)

Commodore64_palette.png

David W. Jones

Jan 1, 2022, 8:43:58 PM1/1/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, just grabbed the new source and built it (on Debian 11),

Ignoring the shallow silliness about ICC profiles, I see no trace of a
horizontal line detector. Shouldn't that have also built?

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Luís Henrique Camargo Quiroz

Jan 3, 2022, 8:56:00 AM1/3/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

   Hi David,
   No idea about  this horizontal line detector. Perhaps a mistake? This is not cited in the Changes.txt from the source files.

   A good new year!

   regards,

   Luís Henrique

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

David W. Jones

Jan 4, 2022, 1:01:46 AM1/4/22
to hugin-ptx
Well, Abrimaal below says thanks for horizontal line detection below, so
I was hoping. I do a lot of seascape horizons, and horizontal line
detection would really help.

Conceptually, it seems as simple as vertical line detection. In fact,
I've even imitated it by rotating images 90deg, running vertical line
detection, saving the PTO, then closing it and switching back to the
non-rotated originals. Then the vertical lines still appear as vertical
lines and I haven't been able to sort out how they need to be rotated
(after changing them to horizontal lines). The ends need to be moved, it
would be nice if they could be rotated 90deg programmatically vs having
to do each manually.

Anyway, it just seems like something Hugin should be able to do.