Hugin 2017.0 rc2 released

T. Modes

Jun 17, 2017, 3:41:44 AM6/17/17
Hi all,

today we are releasing release candidate 2 of Hugin 2017.0.

Source tarball can be downloaded
at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/hugin-2017.0rc2.tar.bz2/download
or at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/hugin/2017.0/2017.0rc2/+download/hugin-2017.0rc2.tar.bz2

Verify its checksums:
md5: 3b49a905da8ee395774347ee6b3903b0  hugin-2017.0rc2.tar.bz2
sha1: 4ba7f5bf5afdadbea9cf10d15aa14e644ef94ed3  hugin-2017.0rc2.tar.bz2

This is a source code release.
Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

(The rc 2 correspond to changeset eac5e8cc546e in our repository, which is also tagged as 2017.0 rc2).

Changes since 2017.0 rc 1
* Updated Hungarian and Dutch translation.
* Fixes message for failed assistant.
* Fixes deleting last mask in mask editor.
* Added some more checks for information in lens db.

Changes since 2017.0 beta 1
* Updated translations.
* Provide workaround for Wayland systems. It needs to be activated at compile time.
* Fixes crash with user defined sequences in menu.
* Don't show warning about unlinked images when loading lens settings for lens with only one image.
* Also accept cmd+A as select all in photo and optimizer tab (Mac only)
* User defined output sequences: Find also programs in bundle

Changes since 2016.2.0
The version 2017.0 is mainly a bug fix release. The biggest fixes regard:
* Several fixes for working with HDR images (display in GUI, photometric optimizer, handling of under/over exposured pixels in merging code).
* Fixes handling of masks in cpfind when images needs remapping for cp finding.
* Sometimes unsaved changes were disregarded without asking the user (e.g. when loading a project via the recently used projects list). Unsaved changes should now always require user confirmation.

Besides the bug fixes some smaller improvements have been implemented.
* Optimizer tabs uses now checkboxes instead of bold underlined font for marking of variables to be optimized.
* Use wxWidgets help windows instead of default browser (Linux&Mac only, this provides table of content, index and full text search in help files).
* Added special assistant variant for single image projects.
* Display of final panorama dimensions on stitcher tab.
* Extended the user defined output sequences:
   ** The shipped user defined output sequences are exposed in the GUI as own sub-menu.
   ** Added some more user defined output sequences (layered TIFF, cube faces).
   ** Added new placeholder %sourceimage% to user defined output sequence.

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

A first draft of release notes can be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2017.0.0/en.shtml

Know issues
Hugin does not run native on Wayland because of a bug in the underlying wxWidgets library.
The source code contains a workaround which forces the usage of the XWayland emulation layer.
This workaround has be activated during compiling (add -DUSE_GDKBACKEND_X11=on the the CMake command)

T. Modes

Jun 17, 2017, 3:43:53 AM6/17/17
Executables for Windows can be found on sourceforge:

For Win 64: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/Hugin-2017.0rc2-win64.msi/download
md5 checksum: f3bfd30db4b0087fa43599f2ca6abed1

For Win 32: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/Hugin-2017.0rc2-win32.msi/download
md5 checksum: ec86c9090af7b8c19f41c40cffa33721

Niklas Mischkulnig

Jun 17, 2017, 6:55:20 AM6/17/17
The executables for macOS (10.9 and newer) are available for download from sourceforge:

sha1: fbd2da9eea7bdbbefaff92099729652b3bee9ae2  Hugin-2017.0.0-rc2.dmg

Niklas

Robert Lesac

Jun 17, 2017, 7:47:59 AM6/17/17
Hi!

Testing the release, but it seems it dropped support for Adobe tiff
compression:
> AdobeDeflate compression support is not configured.

Is that on purpose or just an omission?

Robert
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/6c753a10-fb84-4603-85b6-e0a3e3a8fbc7%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/6c753a10-fb84-4603-85b6-e0a3e3a8fbc7%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Pano/VR/Gigapixel photography: http://robertlesac.com

Robert Lesac

Jun 17, 2017, 7:51:37 AM6/17/17
Hi!
Forgot to mention, it's the Windows x64 build.

Robert

T. Modes

Jun 17, 2017, 10:05:04 AM6/17/17

Am Samstag, 17. Juni 2017 13:47:59 UTC+2 schrieb Robert Lesac:
Testing the release, but it seems it dropped support for Adobe tiff
compression:
 > AdobeDeflate compression support is not configured.

Is that on purpose or just an omission?

Just an omission. It was configured with deflate support. But somehow it does not make it into the lib.

I uploaded an updated installer: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/Hugin-2017.0rc2-win64-b.msi/download
md5 434db5bb989a02b528eeb613ff0fe729

Robert Lesac

Jun 17, 2017, 10:21:18 AM6/17/17
to hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com >> hugin and other free panoramic software
Thank you for the prompt fix!

Another thing, when adding an equirectangular image into Hugin, it
automatically gets assigned a yaw of 180 degrees. It's been that way for
year.
Could that be changed to 0 degrees?
I do have another pet peewee, when using the edit cp in the fast
preview, it automatically runs optimisation with no option to change the
behavior. It would be great if it could be changed through options.
The optimization after every edit just slows the whole process down.

Robert
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/0c0b3f34-1db0-415d-8405-84a67cc4c71f%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/0c0b3f34-1db0-415d-8405-84a67cc4c71f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

T. Modes

Jun 17, 2017, 12:14:48 PM6/17/17
to hugin and other free panoramic software, rob...@robertlesac.com

Am Samstag, 17. Juni 2017 16:21:18 UTC+2 schrieb Robert Lesac:
Another thing, when adding an equirectangular image into Hugin, it
automatically gets assigned a yaw of 180 degrees.
I can't reproduce this. Oh wait, this happens on when using add images in the fast preview window.

It's been that way for
year.
Could that be changed to 0 degrees?
And why has this not reported before?
I committed a fix to the default branch. But it will probably not make its way into 2017.0.

I do have another pet peewee, when using the edit cp in the fast
preview, it automatically runs optimisation with no option to change the
behavior. It would be great if it could be changed through options.
The optimization after every edit just slows the whole process down.
Preferences>misc tab>After "edit cp" tool

Robert Lesac

Jun 17, 2017, 2:31:05 PM6/17/17
On 17.06.2017. 18:14, T. Modes wrote:

> Am Samstag, 17. Juni 2017 16:21:18 UTC+2 schrieb Robert Lesac:
>
> Another thing, when adding an equirectangular image into Hugin, it
> automatically gets assigned a yaw of 180 degrees.
>
> I can't reproduce this. Oh wait, this happens on when using add images
> in the fast preview window.
Drag'n'drop on the photos tab is how I usually add images.

> It's been that way for
> year.
> Could that be changed to 0 degrees?
>
> And why has this not reported before?

Good question. I just learned to live with it and it got committed to
muscle memory.
It didn't occur to me to report it.
I'll get more involved with Hugin, I promise! :D

> I committed a fix to the default branch. But it will probably not make
> its way into 2017.0.

Great!

> I do have another pet peewee, when using the edit cp in the fast
> preview, it automatically runs optimisation with no option to change
> the
> behavior. It would be great if it could be changed through options.
> The optimization after every edit just slows the whole process down.
>
> Preferences>misc tab>After "edit cp" tool

Oh! Must have been blind. Thanks!

Stefan Peter

Jun 18, 2017, 6:51:18 AM6/18/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 17.06.2017 09:41, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today we are releasing release candidate 2 of Hugin 2017.0.

Binary packages for Ubuntu trusty, vivid, xenial, yakkety and zesty are
available from the Hugin PPA Packagers "next Hugin builds" repository at
https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/next

Please test these packages and send error report, success stories and
praises to this mailing list (hugi...@googlegroups.com).

Enjoy!

With kind regards
Stefan Peter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

John Muccigrosso

Jun 18, 2017, 11:23:50 PM6/18/17
On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 12:14:48 PM UTC-4, T. Modes wrote:

And why has this not reported before?

I really do appreciate all the work the devs do on Hugin, but this kind of response is not likely to encourage others to report bugs (unless it's a "lost in translation" sort of thing).

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jun 18, 2017, 11:41:33 PM6/18/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 0:41:44 -0700, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today we are releasing release candidate 2 of Hugin 2017.0.
>
> Source tarball can be downloaded
> at sourceforge:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2017.0/hugin-2017.0rc2.tar.bz2/download
> or at launchpad:
> https://launchpad.net/hugin/2017.0/2017.0rc2/+download/hugin-2017.0rc2.tar.bz2

I'm tracking these releases on FreeBSD, and they work modulo this
reported problem with the package refusing to build in the source
tree. If anybody wants a binary package, please let me know.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.