第二担当上席

Warren Smith

Aug 18, 2022, 4:20:11 PM8/18/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com

It's been a while! Hopefully my colleagues are all doing well. (Personally my business has recovered from its deep slump... but I am still quite nervous.)

Hey, in a proof of filing document (from the PTO), there is a page that has the following.

I have no clue how to translate the highlighted bit. (I am doing a hail Mary with "second responsible supervisor," but that is just a placeholder until I get further information.)

Has anybody run across this before?

Thanks.

認定・付加情報

特許出願の番号   特願[REDACTED]

受付番号        [REDACTED]

書類名          特許願

担当官          第二担当上席0091

作成日          平成14 XXXX

Herman

Aug 18, 2022, 5:55:00 PM8/18/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what the officially correct translation is, if any, but I
would use "Senior duty officer II". I suspect that 第二 here means 第二
部, and 担当(官) is not so much a responsible officer as somebody
assigned to a task.

Herman Kahn