HamSCI Presentations @ AGU

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Dec 10, 2019, 1:02:43 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv

Hi everyone,

I’ve put together a list of presentations either by or of interest to HamSCI people: https://hamsci.org/article/hamsci-agu-2019

If you see a presentation that is missing and should be there, let me know and I’ll add it.

Let’s plan on meeting Wednesday night at 7:30 PM for a social hour. I’ll send out the location within the next day. I’m on a plane to San Francisco now, and will be there by tonight.

Take care!

73 de Nathaniel

--

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF

HamSCI Lead
Assistant Professor

Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering

University of Scranton

(973) 787-4506

Kim, Hyomin

Dec 10, 2019, 1:09:43 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv
At our last meeting, we came up with an idea of revisiting SID. Something HamSCI folks can look into also.

Just a thought...

Hyomin

NJIT logoHyomin Kim
Assistant Professor
Physics
Center for Solar-Terrestrial Research
Institute for Space Weather Sciences

hm...@njit.edu • (973) 596-5704
https://web.njit.edu/~hmkim/
104 Tiernan Hall, 161 Warren Street, Newark, NJ 07102

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Dec 10, 2019, 1:15:19 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv

I think that is a good idea, Hyomin. We’ve even had some interest in the past regarding this. Ethan Grace (George LeMaster’s grandson) gave a presentation on SIDs and the SuperSID at last HamSCI workshop.

https://hamsci.org/publications/sudden-ionospheric-disturbances-sids-and-personal-space-weather-stations

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

Louis Lanzerotti

Dec 10, 2019, 1:22:12 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com
The second line of the Grace abstract is incorrect.
SIDs are not disturbances on the sun.
SIDs have been studied for decades.  Originally seen in magnetograms.
See Chapman and Bartel, Oxford Press, 1940.

Louis J. Lanzerotti
Sent from my iPadPro
-------------------------------

Tamitha Skov

Dec 10, 2019, 2:12:13 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv
Nathaniel,

Thanks for putting together this list of AGU presentations. I will definitely make use of it! Appreciate the inclusion as well.

Cheers,
Tamitha

Jonathan

Dec 10, 2019, 2:25:31 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv
Hi Nathaniel,

Will these presentations be recorded? I'm interested in Rachel's
presentation. I'd like to see how the results compare to the Tsyganenko
Model.

Also, SID monitoring is done heavily in the VLF Natural Radio community.
High quality data of SID events can be obtained from VLF observation sites
if need be.

Thanks.

Jonathan
KC3EEY

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019, Tamitha Skov wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>>> 73 de Nathaniel
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF
>>>
>>> HamSCI Lead
>>> Assistant Professor
>>>
>>> Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering
>>>
>>> University of Scranton
>>>
>>> (973) 787-4506
>>>

>>> --
>>> Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at
>>> http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
>>> ---
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hamsci/C1846AC6-535C-4445-BC0D-5CE0463A0821%40scranton.edu
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hamsci/C1846AC6-535C-4445-BC0D-5CE0463A0821%40scranton.edu?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --
>> Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at

Phil Erickson

Dec 10, 2019, 2:30:00 PM12/10/19
to Unknown, TangerineSDR Listserv
Hi Jonathan,

  In general, AGU does not record oral or poster presentations because that would require permission from all authors.  Material here can be pre-publication, and there is a rightful concern about unauthorized publication before the authors get it out.

  It's likely better to ask Rachel directly for permission to get a copy of her slides and a summary of the findings.

Cheers
Phil

--
----
Phil Erickson

Jonathan

Dec 10, 2019, 2:38:01 PM12/10/19
to Unknown, TangerineSDR Listserv
Hi Phil,

Thank you for clearning that up. I thought it was already published. My
apologies.

Jonathan Rizzo
KC3EEY

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019, Phil Erickson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:29:47 -0800
> From: Phil Erickson <phil.e...@gmail.com>
> To: Unknown <ham...@googlegroups.com>
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hamsci/alpine.BSF.2.21.9999.1912101419190.20048%40closet.server
>> .
>>

> --
> ----
> Phil Erickson
> phil.e...@gmail.com
>
> --
> Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
> ---

Dave Typinski

Dec 10, 2019, 5:23:18 PM12/10/19
to ham...@googlegroups.com
The propagation TP poster made the list, great!
--
Dave Typinski
AJ4CO