GoshawkDB 0.3 released

Matthew Sackman

Nov 18, 2016, 8:56:25 AM11/18/16
to gosh...@googlegroups.com
I'm delighted to announce the release of GoshawkDB 0.3.

Once again, it's taken a longer time than I'd hoped, but it's here now.

GoshawkDB 0.3 adds support for Object Capabilities and Multiple Roots
which allows you to give different accounts access to different data and
different capabilities on the same data. We also now have a collections
library which initially contains a single map collection. This provides
a language neutral way to use efficient maps from your application code
and have the entire map stored in GoshawkDB.

More details on the release:
https://goshawkdb.io/blog.html#20161118

Object capabilities and data security:
https://goshawkdb.io/documentation/capabilities.html

The Collections Library:
https://goshawkdb.io/documentation/collections.html

Downloads (now with .deb, .rpm, .tar.xz, a homebrew tap, and even a
docker image):
https://goshawkdb.io/download.html

Many thanks,

Matthew

Matthew Sackman

Nov 24, 2016, 3:34:38 PM11/24/16
to gosh...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 01:56:23PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> I'm delighted to announce the release of GoshawkDB 0.3.

Sadly, the build of the 0.3 server artifacts was incorrect. Therefore
I've just released GoshawkDB 0.3.1. This is a server-only release: 0.3
clients will work correctly with server 0.3.1. There are new deb, rpm,
tarball and docker image released artifacts for 0.3.1.

The homebrew release was unaffected by this issue, but to avoid any
potential confusion, I've updated the homebrew tap too.

Download from https://goshawkdb.io/download.html

Matthew

Joe Blue

Dec 23, 2016, 3:12:52 AM12/23/16
to GoshawkDB, mat...@goshawkdb.io
Hey Matthew,

i saw the video, etc. This looks really really good. I do allot of embedded projects (desktop, mobile, iot) and the properties of this look very nice.

Where can i raise issues ? Your using HG, but i could not see anything about raising issues on the web site.

cheers

Joe
Berlin

Joe Blue

Dec 23, 2016, 3:26:34 AM12/23/16
to GoshawkDB
also this is kind of related to you

its also a graph and does offline / online sync, but everything else is different.
But still worth looking in a bluesky thinking type of way perhaps

Matthew Sackman

Dec 23, 2016, 3:59:10 AM12/23/16
to GoshawkDB
Hi Joe,

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 12:12:52AM -0800, Joe Blue wrote:
> i saw the video, etc. This looks really really good. I do allot of embedded
> projects (desktop, mobile, iot) and the properties of this look very nice.

I'm very glad :) If you happen to be someone who uses IRC, there is a
growing collection of us on #goshawkdb on freenode.

> Where can i raise issues ? Your using HG, but i could not see anything
> about raising issues on the web site.

It should be on the https://goshawkdb.io/contact.html page that it
mentions there's a phabricator install at https://bugs.goshawkdb.io/

Best wishes,

Matthew

Joe Blue

Dec 23, 2016, 9:44:13 AM12/23/16
to GoshawkDB
oh boy thats hard work...

no chance of github and slack ?.
the gophers slack channel is where you want to be where all the other golang projects are if you ask me.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 15.43.20.png

--
GoshawkDB | https://goshawkdb.io/

Matthew Sackman

Dec 23, 2016, 10:59:42 AM12/23/16
to GoshawkDB
On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 02:44:01PM +0000, Joe Blue wrote:
> oh boy thats hard work...

Genuinely curious - why? The oauth integration with github means it's
just a click or two.

> no chance of github and slack ?.

Both are closed source. Both also have no real incentive to provide a
quality of service above the bear minimum, unless you pay them, and even
then, you have no real ability to influence their direction. And of
course slack is motivated to try to provide as much vendor lock-in as
possible. But those are minor points really - the main one is just their
software is not open source, and my opinion better alternatives exist
which are open source which I am free to run and administer on my own
servers as I wish.

I still run my own email servers. :)

> the gophers slack channel is where you want to be where all the other
> golang projects are if you ask me.

That's interesting - I'd honestly never heard of such a thing!

Matthew

Joe Blue

Dec 23, 2016, 2:25:15 PM12/23/16
to GoshawkDB
ok i get it - going with the flow. But yes i know what you mean about them being closed and they have all your data.

i have now joined Phabricator and the IRC channel.
i introduced myself on freenode (https://webchat.freenode.net/).
- if you happen to knwo if you can set it up so it emails you when someone mentions you let me know.

talk in IRC

Joe

--
GoshawkDB | https://goshawkdb.io/