MySQL 5.6 Support?

Yissachar Radcliffe

Feb 11, 2013, 11:10:34 AM2/11/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Is there any timeline/roadmap for when we can expect MySQL 5.6 support?

There are some new features in MySQL 5.6 that I am interested in and would like to use on Google Cloud SQL but as we cannot manually upgrade our instances I have to wait until MySQL 5.6 is officially added.

Ken Ashcraft

Feb 11, 2013, 11:36:49 AM2/11/13
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Yissachar Radcliffe <yissachar...@caseware.com> wrote:
Is there any timeline/roadmap for when we can expect MySQL 5.6 support?

We're still discussing it internally, sorry.

There are some new features in MySQL 5.6 that I am interested in and would like to use on Google Cloud SQL but as we cannot manually upgrade our instances I have to wait until MySQL 5.6 is officially added.

What features are you interested in?

Yissachar Radcliffe

Feb 11, 2013, 11:55:41 AM2/11/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
There are some general performance improvements that would be nice to have but the main feature that I would like is Fulltext Search for InnoDB engine.

DPope

Sep 27, 2013, 12:27:42 AM9/27/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Any update on this?  The feature I'm most interested in is online schema updates:  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-create-index-overview.html

Joe Faith

Sep 27, 2013, 10:49:13 AM9/27/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
sorry, we don't yet have a date.

Joe Faith | Product Manager | Google Cloud

SS

Sep 27, 2013, 11:15:12 AM9/27/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Better Ggle shd think replacing MySQL by MariaDB just like, Ggle itself  is migrating its own instances to MariaDB 10.

Is cloud SQL towards this direction also?

The recent discussion was around Google's use of MariaDB internally, and doesn't affect Cloud SQL.