Google Cloud SQL in Google Compute Engine

ik...@live.com

Jul 25, 2013, 12:56:39 AM7/25/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com

I am deploying a Django backend technology in a Google Compute Engine instance. As of now, i have MySQL server installed locally in that instance and I now wish to use the Google Cloud SQL as my backend instead. I am aware of;

The connection used if its in an App Engine

 DATABASES = {
        'default': {
            'ENGINE': 'google.appengine.ext.django.backends.rdbms',
            'INSTANCE': 'my_project:instance1',
            'NAME': 'my_database',
        }
    }

I would like to know if its possible to do something similar in Google Compute Engine?

I've read about the connection to external application here; https://developers.google.com/cloud-sql/docs/external

But I have no clue how to use the connections to produce something similar. Any guidelines i can follow?

Razvan Musaloiu-E.

Jul 25, 2013, 1:09:26 AM7/25/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
We don't have yet a convenient way for connecting from Google Compute Engine to Cloud SQL but we are working on fixing that.

-- Razvan ME