Binary generated from jenkins pipeline throwing error in linux box while running - netpoll failed

nova...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2020, 1:39:03 PM8/4/20
to golang-nuts
I used 1.12.6 Go library to develop GoLang Application with Beego framework. When I generate Binary in Linux box and run that binary in same linux box, its run fine.

Issue is: when I generate Binary in Jenkins Pipeline, and run that binary in Linux box, it gives error, epollwait on fd 4, and netpoll failed.

I used similar build script in Linux as well as in pipeline.

Can someone please guide me on this issue.

Ian Lance Taylor

Aug 4, 2020, 1:54:25 PM8/4/20
to nova...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Please show us the exact error output. Thanks.

Ian

Ravi Kant Soni

Aug 4, 2020, 4:20:50 PM8/4/20
to golang-nuts
runtime: epollwait on fd 4 failed with 38
Fatal error: runtime : netpoll failed

runtime stack:
Runtime.throw(0xa59c24, 0x17)
/apps/jenkins/build/tools/go1.12.6.linux-amd64/src/runtime/panic.go:617

This generates when I run generated binary from jenkins pipeline, in linux box using "nohup ./binary"

But, when I generate binary in same linux box, and run, it run fine without any error.

Ian Lance Taylor

Aug 4, 2020, 9:05:14 PM8/4/20
to Ravi Kant Soni, golang-nuts
Thanks. Errno 38 is ENOSYS. This seems to mean that the kernel where
the program is running does not support the system call epoll_pwait.
The epoll_pwait system call was added in Linux kernel version 2.6.19.
What kernel version are you running the program on?

Ian

Ravi Kant Soni

Aug 5, 2020, 12:30:25 AM8/5/20
to golang-nuts
Binary generated in Linux 3.10.0

And Running in 2.6.18

Kurtis Rader

Aug 5, 2020, 12:34:10 AM8/5/20
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 9:31 PM Ravi Kant Soni <nova...@gmail.com> wrote:
Binary generated in Linux 3.10.0

And Running in 2.6.18

What was the Linux distro and kernel version of the system on which you attempted to run the binary?

--
Kurtis Rader

Ravi Kant Soni

Aug 5, 2020, 12:46:26 AM8/5/20
to golang-nuts
It's, where trying to run Binary

-Linux version 2.6.18

-Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11

Jenkins, where Binary generated

-RHEL 7.8

-Linux 3.10.0

Andrei Tudor Călin

Aug 5, 2020, 8:50:08 AM8/5/20
to Ravi Kant Soni, golang-nuts
Go requires Linux 2.6.23 or later.

Andrei Călin

Ian Lance Taylor

Aug 5, 2020, 5:19:12 PM8/5/20
to Andrei Tudor Călin, Ravi Kant Soni, golang-nuts
On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 5:50 AM Andrei Tudor Călin <ma...@acln.ro> wrote:

> Go requires Linux 2.6.23 or later.

Yes, and more generally RHEL 5 is not supported and known to fail.
This is mentioned at https://golang.org/doc/install .

Sorry. But note that as far as I know RHEL 5 is end-of-life in a few
months. And RHEL 6 has been available for over nine years.

Ian