A stone named 1648.

Themistocles D'Silva

Sep 18, 2023, 3:43:01 PM9/18/23
to goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa-book-club, goa...@goanet.org
Sometimes stones can talk loudly.
Please read.
Arossim - 1648

Themistocles D'Silva
Arossim - 1648.pdf

John de Figueiredo

Sep 19, 2023, 2:50:19 AM9/19/23
to goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa-book-club, goa...@goanet.org
Dear Themistocles,
Congratulations on this story. When I visited Velha Goa (Old Goa) years ago I noticed that people were stepping on the graves in the grounds of the churches. In many of them the inscriptions on the gravestones could be barely read. Shame on us for not preserving the treasures of our past.
John M. de Figueiredo

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 18, 2023, at 3:43 PM, Themistocles D'Silva <themis...@gmail.com> wrote:

<Arossim - 1648.pdf>

Tino de Sa

Sep 19, 2023, 2:50:34 AM9/19/23
to goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa-book-club, goa...@goanet.org
Interesting. But leaves most questions unanswered. I wish some more information would have been given as to the "palace" that this stone was placed in, and what was (probably) inscribed on it, why it was defaced and by whom?
Tino de Sa

Anthony de Sa, IAS (Retd), MA, FRICS, MPA (Harvard)
Former Chief Secretary of Madhya Pradesh,
& Chairman, MP Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
Address:
Flat 608, "Sonata",
Behind Goa Science Centre,
Miramar, Panaji,
Goa - 403001
Mobile (WhatsApp): +91-9810981818
         tino...@gmail.com

António Colaço

Sep 20, 2023, 2:09:37 AM9/20/23
to goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa-book-club, goa...@goanet.org
A fabulous form to depict history. Thanks Mr. Themistocles d'Silva.
Greetings from                        António Bernardo Colaço