Msiexec of FriCAS and examples

Grégory Vanuxem

Apr 16, 2021, 5:08:48 AM4/16/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Hi *,

Just two questions...

Does the integration of msiexec for Windows has been integrated? From Quian. Just to know if I continue to use my build system. I know, from a computer it's simpler, but for now I'm on a cellphone, that's not funny. Or do I have to fetch the Qian branch for that?

And another thing I didn't notice about, would it not be preferable to include in the 'make install' examples of src/input? The Axiom family is from my point of view not easily assimilable.

__
Greg

Ralf Hemmecke

Apr 16, 2021, 8:10:12 AM4/16/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
> And another thing I didn't notice about, would it not be preferable to
> include in the 'make install' examples of src/input?

What for? As examples of how to use FriCAS?

Looking into this directory, you see a quite some "testcase" stuff in
there. Maybe that directory should rather be renamed to "test".

Anyway, maybe you have already seen
https://fricas.github.io/fricas-notebooks/
I intend to make more and more examples available (hopefully some people
send pull-request to the fricas-notebooks repository with more
examples). As you see here....
https://github.com/fricas/fricas-notebooks/
the actual source files for the shown .html files are ordinary .input
files (with some milde structure) so that they can be used inside
jFriCAS and also without the Jupyter notebook frontend.

It only needs people that add more examples if this is what you mean.

Ralf

Waldek Hebisch

Apr 16, 2021, 9:45:19 AM4/16/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 11:08:36AM +0200, Gr??gory Vanuxem wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> Just two questions...
>
> Does the integration of msiexec for Windows has been integrated? From
> Quian. Just to know if I continue to use my build system. I know, from a
> computer it's simpler, but for now I'm on a cellphone, that's not funny. Or
> do I have to fetch the Qian branch for that?

There are fixes for Windows but nothing specific for msiexec. I would
be happy to include it, but as I am not using Windows I need ready
to include patch.

> And another thing I didn't notice about, would it not be preferable to
> include in the 'make install' examples of src/input? The Axiom family is
> from my point of view not easily assimilable.

src/input is not good example, large part are tricky corner cases
and most lacks explanations that good examples would have.

--
Waldek Hebisch

Grégory Vanuxem

Apr 16, 2021, 10:14:34 AM4/16/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Oh, sorry, I was not aware of that. I'll look into this (I DO know testcases you do and thanks). Grrrrr

Grégory Vanuxem

Apr 16, 2021, 10:25:17 AM4/16/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Le ven. 16 avr. 2021 à 15:45, Waldek Hebisch <heb...@math.uni.wroc.pl> a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 11:08:36AM +0200, Gr??gory Vanuxem wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> Just two questions...
>
> Does the integration of msiexec for Windows has been integrated? From
> Quian. Just to know if I continue to use my build system. I know, from a
> computer it's simpler, but for now I'm on a cellphone, that's not funny. Or
> do I have to fetch the Qian branch for that?

There are fixes for Windows but nothing specific for msiexec.  I would
be happy to include it, but as I am not using Windows I need ready
to include patch.

From Qian apparently

> And another thing I didn't notice about, would it not be preferable to
> include in the 'make install' examples of src/input? The Axiom family is
> from my point of view not easily assimilable.

src/input is not good example, large part are tricky corner cases
and most lacks explanations that good examples would have.

I agree but sometimes I find some good examples in them (separate the good grain of the chaff)

Cheers

Greg

--
                              Waldek Hebisch

Grégory Vanuxem

Apr 16, 2021, 10:27:19 AM4/16/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying more.
Sorry I hate browser based things.

Qian Yun

Apr 17, 2021, 9:51:59 AM4/17/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

I didn't write support of msiexec.

The current zip download can be used directly, MSI provides limited
additional functionality. Still, I can try to integrate it.

- Qian
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fricas-devel/CAHnU2daW0s_8zRESXMWzHPezV%2BeOfxDAPofiPhR9gvcYCLGfsQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fricas-devel/CAHnU2daW0s_8zRESXMWzHPezV%2BeOfxDAPofiPhR9gvcYCLGfsQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Grégory Vanuxem