fmpz_poly and fmpq_poly pretty printing

Will Youmans

Nov 25, 2021, 4:28:02 AM11/25/21
to flint-devel
It looks like fmpz_poly_get_str_pretty prints with no whitespace while fmpq_poly_get_str_pretty prints with whitespace. Is there a reason for this? Personally I prefer the printing with whitespace, it is much easier to read.

Bill Hart

Nov 26, 2021, 10:27:54 AM11/26/21
to flint-devel
To my knowledge it is not deliberate. Presumably different authors had
different preferences.

Thanks for the report. We'll try to fix the issue, though I can't
promise which convention we will use.