ai meets human resources?

Tomasz Rola

Feb 1, 2023, 7:06:53 PM2/1/23
to everything l
Interesting article in wired, about layouts in tech.

So, these seem to be discerning signs of ai involvement:

1. decisions come out of the blue, in a seemingly random pattern,
hard/impossible to track back to the motives

2. humans who are supposed to know why they made the decission avoid
giving answer, either by trying not to be asked, or, when that
happened, simply do not answer

[

https www wired com /story/google-meta-big-tech-is-bad-at-firing/

]

Tomasz Rola

--
** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature. **
** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home **

Tomasz Rola

Feb 1, 2023, 11:42:48 PM2/1/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 01:06:49AM +0100, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> Interesting article in wired, about layouts in tech.
>
> So, these seem to be discerning signs of ai involvement:

[...]

All right, it was a provocation by me. The said article does not
contain a single word about ai, as far as I remember. But while I was
reading it, I could easily imagine the very same article, word for
word, with last paragraph describing how ai had been used behind the
courtain.

Apologies to those who have not found my little ruse entertaining :-)

spudb...@aol.com

Feb 3, 2023, 9:38:52 PM2/3/23
to rto...@ceti.pl, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Article-should i use gpt3_chatbot to write coverletters?

"Why does C get all the girls, and Java gets none?
–      Because C doesn’t treat them as objects."

spudb...@aol.com

Feb 4, 2023, 3:51:20 AM2/4/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

A Revolutionary New Physics Hypothesis: Three Time Dimensions, One Space Dimension

Yes, FTL, Dream-babies! 3 time dimensions, 1 of space.

Not only that my droogies, but we should use anti-freeze to accomplish this.

spudb...@aol.com

Feb 7, 2023, 7:20:08 PM2/7/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

German Doctors Are Attempting to Reverse Death and Resurrect Humans

Berlin, Berlin!

I APPOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE FOR THE FOLLOWING IMAGE.
Especially the Germans involved :-( It's just my f-u'ed sense of humor. Sorry! The work sounds excellent to me.

Sorry!

They Saved Hitler's Brain (TV Movie 1968) - IMDb

Brent Meeker

Feb 8, 2023, 12:27:16 AM2/8/23
to spudboy100 via Everything List

On 2/7/2023 4:20 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:

German Doctors Are Attempting to Reverse Death and Resurrect Humans

Of course they are:

Brent

Tomasz Rola

Feb 11, 2023, 3:18:35 PM2/11/23
On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 02:38:49AM +0000, spudb...@aol.com wrote:
> Article-should i use gpt3_chatbot to write coverletters?
>
> Job hunt: should you use ChatGPT to write cover letters? (welcometothejungle.com)
> "Why does C get all the girls, and Java gets none?–      Because C doesn’t treat them as objects."

According to the article [1], yes you should write your cover via Chad
Gepetto interface.

Said article also makes an interesting point - Chad can sound
confident while talking about anything, but it does not mean Chad can
know truth from false.

"What do you call a system that sounds confident about what it says
regardless of whether what it’s saying is true? I’ll give you a
hint."

I have concluded that this list displays interesting fascination with
such "systems". Chad or another guy, they are hot topics here, which
is interesting because otherwise they are so different and unlike from
each other.

[1] Why large language models (like ChatGPT) are bullshit artists

https becominghuman ai/why-large-language-models-like-chatgpt-are-bullshit-artists-c4d5bb850852?gi=ea927fd0ecec