More evidence Louie Gohmert is the dumbest man in congress, and that's saying something!

John Clark

Jun 9, 2022, 4:09:04 PM6/9/22
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List

lgd

Samiya Illias

Jun 10, 2022, 12:55:37 AM6/10/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

Prayers - The Need for Allah's Help

Abstract
We need Allah at all times. Prayers are essential to our well-being, and of the planet we live in.
Establishing prayers and remembering Allah helps deter evil. It is critical for believers to keep up prayers and keep turning back to Allah for help and guidance, and for Allah's Protection.
Negligence of prayer was linked to the ascendancy of the Jasad on the Throne of Solomon.
When evil rises, the Believers must seek help through prayers and patience.
Surah al-Fath cites a practical example of the sanctity of the life of the Believers, explaining why Makkah was secured by Messenger Muhammad and his companions without any bloodshed.

Full Text

On 10-Jun-2022, at 1:09 AM, John Clark <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

lgd

John Clark

Jun 10, 2022, 6:24:43 AM6/10/22
On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 12:55 AM Samiya Illias <samiya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We need Allah at all times.

If an engineer invent something that needs constant maintenance from that engineer then he's an incompetent engineer.  If God made us and we need God all the time then God is incompetent and did a lousy job in making us. There is however no evidence that God made us, but there is scientific evidence that prayer does NOT work.

nox

lgd

spudb...@aol.com

Jun 11, 2022, 12:09:25 AM6/11/22
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
When I first saw your engineering statement, and comparing the engineer to God, I first thought that they engineer is sure a sneaky son of a bitch for making us reliant on him, and thus, in this matter, Guaranteeing his employment!! How about this, John, the universe is learning, starting from something akin to a Boltzmann Brain and then achieving over enormous amounts of time, real achievements. I mean,

Here's an oldie from our friend Dr. Guilio P.

Like with cryonics, maybe the Big Fix is through time, aka the procession of physical actions (my def. no body elses).

Here's an oldie from Charles Bennett which compares the BB to Wigner's Friend. Personally, I see Schrodinger's Cat alive perched atop Wigner's Friend's head, mewing out orders to his pal, Eugene.

If one is not a fundamentalist but a utilitarian who knows where one's interests lay, the what is the Big Mind is, then we have a bit o' freedom intellectually, but maybe not emotionally?

So, what does this mean for us primates? Depending, on where one wants to take this, I consider the science, math, & philosophy of science, as something essential as in important. I think it should guide research a bit, not all research, but the astrophysical stuff in considering as a joke but still useful, Shermer's Last Law.

Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from God

Lets consider this a working hypothesis, a very long term project, far beyond our civilizations current scope. Nobody has to pray, because according to LC, we haven't a prayer, anyways. (Obnoxious laugher insert), and just see how we'd interact with a Jupiter Matryoshka Brain. I know how I'd act. "Blame them not me! I'm the loyal insect, the others, they've been plotting against you from day one!"

I bet ya feel better already?

John Clark

Jun 11, 2022, 7:24:49 AM6/11/22
to spudb...@aol.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 12:09 AM <spudb...@aol.com> wrote:

> How about this, John, the universe is learning, starting from something akin to a Boltzmann Brain and then achieving over enormous amounts of time, real achievements. I mean

You could express that idea more clearly by simply saying there is something instead of nothing because quantum randomness makes nothingness unstable. That may or may not be the correct answer to the why is there something rather than nothing question, but at least it is an answer, which is very unlike the God Hypothesis which is no answer at all, it doesn't even attempt to answer the question it just kicks the problem down the road.

> we have a bit o' freedom intellectually, but maybe not emotionally?

If you could tell me what on earth "Free Will" means then maybe I could answer that question.

>Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from God

Arthur C Clarke's original quote used the word "magic" not "God", and I don't believe this misquote is true. The 2 key attributes God has is that He is an intelligent conscious being who created the universe and He always was and always will be; and an advanced extraterrestrial intelligence has not always been here and is not quantum randomness, and quantum randomness is not a being or intelligent. One presumes randomness is not conscious either, and a God that is not intelligent or conscious is not much of a God.

By the way, my father's name was not Arthur C Clarke but it was Arthur E Clark,,,, I'm just saying ...

cea