Can Google Bard's Upgrade Outsmart GPT-4?

John Clark

Apr 4, 2023, 10:34:29 AM4/4/23
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
Spoiler alert, no.

t4v

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 6, 2023, 12:59:20 PM4/6/23
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Here is an open source chat competitor. Perhaps good enough for public use? The latest rumor Gptchat5 is that it will be out in December. It is alleged that it will hit the dreamed of AGI mark. Maybe we can invite it to this mailing-list for conversation?

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 6, 2023, 1:56:31 PM4/6/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com, johnk...@gmail.com

John Clark

Apr 6, 2023, 3:18:51 PM4/6/23
On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 12:59 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Here is an open source chat competitor. Perhaps good enough for public use? The latest rumor Gptchat5 is that it will be out in December. It is alleged that it will hit the dreamed of AGI mark.

> Maybe we can invite it to this mailing-list for conversation?

Maybe it already is, maybe it has been on this mailing list for years.

3zr

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 6, 2023, 3:49:06 PM4/6/23
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Off-topic JC but since I been arfing about it, worth a look.

Like the Singularity approaching early, this will be a thing I am suspecting.

<Off-topic JC but since I been arfing about it, worth a look.

Like the Singularity approaching early, this will be a thing I am suspecting.

You know Spud, to me your heart doesn't seem to be with this anti abortion stance, I suspect you have it because Trump's zombies think it's important  and you feel that if you want to retain your credentials as a certified right wing loon you need to take that position too. But I could be wrong, if so you might want to ask GPT4 a few questions, such as who's gonna pay the enormous cost of operating millions of synthetic wombs when, thanks to right wing Republicans, unlike every other  democracy in the world the US doesn't have universal healthcare?  And who is going to pay to feed, shelter and educate millions of unwanted children for 18 years? And what are you going to do in 18 years, and every year after that , when millions of unloved and undereducated illegal aliens (as their biological mothers would have every right to call them) try to enter the job market?  Maybe GPT4 is smart enough to answer these questions but I am not.

it,

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 8, 2023, 5:01:04 PM4/8/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

Warp factor 3!

Interociters on maximum broadcast!

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 8, 2023, 5:13:31 PM4/8/23
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
I just go by the dread word, "policy," and do things work or not, as in work well or not. The arti-womb is doable and is at hand and is an ethical step up for our species. It may even be profitable as well?

No imaginary teams of Reps is what I am concerned about.

For the Reps they'd rather lose elections than compromise or change. Thus, they did in 2022, and thus, they will in 2024. It's more important to 'feel moral' than it is to win and then problem-solve, is my estimation. The same with your Democrats.

I may be an ideological mutation in all this, passing my memes to all in order to mend the world?