The expansion of the universe could be a mirage, new theoretical study suggests

spudb...@aol.com

Jul 6, 2023, 5:05:42 PM7/6/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

Which, if evidence is forthcoming, means what? Are we back to running back to the edge of spacetime with a sign that says, No pass? Do we hit the back of our own heads?

John Clark

Jul 7, 2023, 5:48:15 AM7/7/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Interesting theory. Now all he needs to do is find some evidence in support of it.

ond

Jason Resch

Jul 7, 2023, 2:08:35 PM7/7/23
to Everything List

On Thu, Jul 6, 2023, 5:05 PM 'spudb...@aol.com' via Everything List <everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Which, if evidence is forthcoming, means what? Are we back to running back to the edge of spacetime with a sign that says, No pass? Do we hit the back of our own heads?

Reminds me of the tired light theory.

But a static universe has a lot more to explain than just redshift:

1. Where does matter income from
2. How is it that the universe hasn't gravitationally collapses already?

Further, his theory is that particle masses change over time. Where are all the heavier old electrons?

Or if he means all particles get lighter, by what mechanism? How have stars and chemistry remained stable over time if particles get lighter? That means chemical bonds lose energy, and atoms get bigger, but we've had DNA based life for billions of years, the chemistry must have been stable over that time.

Jason

spudb...@aol.com

Jul 7, 2023, 4:25:20 PM7/7/23
to Everything List
Ha! Jason! Good points. Lets focus on the stated diameter of a spherical cosmos. Topology, for the math fans. Astronomers state it at various, sizes, mostly either 42 or 78 billion, light years. The Hubble Volume has been seen to be at 13.7 billion light years. So what's beyond, virtual photons, heavy old electrons, a new kingdom of physics, abandoned, Howard Johnsons and Stukey's.

What we require are vastly better telescopes set at the Kuiper Belt. Big suckers!  Otherwise, some very bright people are just conjecturing.

Thx.