Http://localhost:8080 gives 404 error after initial installation of Virtual Device

Ken Schroeder

Jun 8, 2014, 5:05:18 PM6/8/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to run the ERPNEXT virtual appliance. I followed the instructions completely. Once the VM boots up I log into the VM using the credentials provided.  I open my HOST system's browser (Google Chrome) and enter 'http://localhost:8080' it then gives me an 'http error 404' 'The requested resource (/) is not available' . I can't figure out why this is happening on a virtual appliance that was provided by you? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am somewhat of a NEWB when it comes to DEBIAN. Sorry.

Thank you in advance,

Ken S.

Pratik Vyas

Jun 9, 2014, 8:05:41 AM6/9/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

That should have worked. Logging in is not required. Once you get the
login screen, open the host's browser and it should work.

Have you downloaded the vm from here, https://www.erpnext.com/download ?
Do you have any other virtual machines running?
Do you have any services running locally that may be listening on port
8080 (eg, Apache, IIS, etc)?

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/7ef9f05b-02fe-4c61-80f6-d5de5bd1748e%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Faisal Reza

Jun 11, 2014, 6:51:25 AM6/11/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hi Ken

you open from the VM directy? have you set IP address to the vm?
i assume you open from other computer. open the http://vm-ip-address:8080 (not localhost)
it should be working

Pratik Vyas

Jun 11, 2014, 6:53:08 AM6/11/14
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Faisal Reza <fais...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Ken
>
> you open from the VM directy? have you set IP address to the vm?
> i assume you open from other computer. open the http://vm-ip-address:8080
> (not localhost)
> it should be working

No Faisal, the VM is configured with NAT and forwards port 80 to 8080
on localhost (host machine).