ERPNext virtual box image is working?

Catalin Lungu

Mar 6, 2014, 2:58:37 AM3/6/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I want to install the virtual box image but I have problems. I imported the .ova file and I started the image. First I put "erpnext" on erpnext-vm login and "erpnext" on password. After a successful connection I am in erpnext@erpnext-vm: ~$
Now I suppose I should start the gui interface, but startx is unknown command.
Can you help me, please. Do you have a detailed installation manual?

Thanks in advance.
Catalin

Pratik Vyas

Mar 6, 2014, 4:00:52 AM3/6/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catalin,
Once the vm boots, the server is already running. Goto
http://localhost:8000 from the host OS (Virtualbox proxies this).

> Thanks in advance.
> Catalin
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/61fdd6a2-5711-4749-a9d5-9ab9b2d81ced%40googlegroups.com.

Pratik
erpnext

Catalin Lungu

Mar 6, 2014, 8:38:39 AM3/6/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pratik,
Now it's working.

What is the best OS to install erpnext for developing? I am a python programmer but I'm a newbie in Linux.

Catalin

Catalin Lungu

Mar 6, 2014, 12:37:52 PM3/6/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Another question:
How can I connect to virtualbox (erpnext) form a remote computer. Perhaps http://my_public_host_ip:8000?

Thanks.

Pratik Vyas

Mar 7, 2014, 2:21:34 AM3/7/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catalin,

The virtual image you downloaded is of version 3. Version 4 will be
released soon and is easier to develop on. Please follow this,
https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench to set it up.
Just get the latest Ubuntu, that should be fine.