The webupd8 repository holds many more files than the files required to run your program

Jean-Victor Côté

Aug 31, 2018, 11:00:59 AM8/31/18
to encry...@googlegroups.com
Could you have a dedicated repository?

Evgeny Pokhilko

Sep 1, 2018, 9:00:39 PM9/1/18
to Jean-Victor Côté, encry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Victor,

I am not sure if you know this. I will write it just in case. Adding a repository doesn't install or copy all files (packages) it contains. It only registers another repository in the apt table. You can install the encryptpad package with "apt install encryptpad". It will only download the necessary files and nothing else.

Cheers,

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:00:06 -0400
Jean-Victor Côté wrote:

> Could you have a dedicated repository?

Evgeny Pokhilko

Evgeny Pokhilko

Sep 4, 2018, 6:46:06 AM9/4/18
to Jean-Victor Côté, encry...@googlegroups.com
Software update should not install unwanted packages. I would recommend to research or ask about why this happens and how to disable it.

--
Evgeny Pokhilko