Webupd8 Ubuntu package for Bionic

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jul 18, 2018, 1:17:03 AM7/18/18
to encryptpad group
Hello everyone,

Ubuntu Bionic users can now use EncryptPad package.

Below are the bash commands to install it:

add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
apt update
apt install encryptpad

Unlike previous versions, encryptcli does not have a separate package.
The command line tool is included in encryptpad.

As before the configuration for the package has been verified and
signed (see the downloads).

Information for users of Ubuntu Cosmic

The package will not install on Cosmic because of failed dependency. It
expects libbotan-2-4 but libbotan-2-5 is used on Cosmic.

Installing libbotan-2-4 manually from the Bionic repo fixes this
problem.

Cheers,
--
Evgeny Pokhilko
634B FC0C CC42 6C74 389D 8931 0F1C FF71 A281 3E85

oren...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2019, 5:53:48 PM7/18/19
to EncryptPad
Hi there,
You write that:
"
As before the configuration for the package has been verified and
signed (see the downloads)."

But under Integrity verification procedure there is no option to verify with cosmic distribution. Could you please advise what do you mean by: "see the downloads"?

Many thanks,

Evgeny Pokhilko

Jul 20, 2019, 5:54:13 AM7/20/19
to oren...@gmail.com, EncryptPad
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I've updated everything here: https://github.com/evpo/EncryptPad/releases/tag/v0.4.0.4

See the files:

encryptpad0_4_0_4_webupd8_ppa_changes.tar.gz
encryptpad0_4_0_4_webupd8_ppa_changes.tar.gz.asc

My gpg keys have expired a few days ago as well. I renewed them. May be you want to update your public keys, say from http://keys.gnupg.net Note that the SKS servers experience some spam/DOS attack issues at the moment and are not recommended.

Cheers,
Evgeny

Evgeny Pokhilko