The background setting problem when I set up a button response

S86001056黃睿謙

Sep 14, 2021, 6:15:36 PM9/14/21
to E-Prime
Hello there,

I found that when I put a button in a slide, then the background when displaying will turn to black. Meanwhile, any other pictures or text on the same slide cannot be seen either. I'm wandering if there are any method to deal with this situation?

David McFarlane

Sep 17, 2021, 11:10:40 AM9/17/21
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I added a SlideText and SlideButton to an empty Slide and the background
of the SlideState remained whatever color I assigned it. Could you
provide more details, or perhaps attach a minimal example showing this
behavior?

Thanks,
-- David McFarlane

Chris Kincak

Sep 17, 2021, 8:03:04 PM9/17/21
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

This sounds like a known issue for some versions of Intel graphics, installed with some recent Windows 10 updates: ERROR: Black screen when using Buttons or Echo [37090]. It doesn't affect E-Prime 2.0, which also has an Echo Client. Just in case anyone else runs into this, on my machine the driver I obtained from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ worked for a while and then reverted back to the older version without warning. However, instead of having to redownload/reinstall the updated driver, I was actually able to "Roll Back" to the updated driver via Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > my Intel card, without even needing to restart the computer.

I hope this helps. Take care everyone.

Sincerely,
Chris Kincak
Email christophe...@gmail.com for experiment development and other freelance E-Prime projects