Eddy in CLI lasts longer than in GUI

JESUS CABRERA ALVAREZ

Jun 2, 2023, 5:47:14 AM6/2/23
to DSI Studio
Dear Frank,

I am executing the eddy correction with the last version of DSI studio (May 2023) on Wondows 10. I cant use CUDA as I dont have an Nvidia GPU. Therefore, I am computing eddy in CPU.

The point is that, If I run eddy from the CLI using:

>> dsi_studio.exe --action=rec --source=*.src.gz --cmd="[Step T2][Corrections][EDDY]" --save_src=*_eddycorr.src.gz --thread_count=12 >1.3log-EDDYcorr.txt

sometimes the process lasts around 30 minutes (8 subjects processed this way), but other times it takes so much longer and it is still processing after 2 hours. However, if I run the correction in the GUI the process lasts around 15 minutes everytime, without exceptions to me.

Do you know where is the difference between executing it through GUI or CLI?

Thanks in advance,
Jesús

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jun 2, 2023, 10:01:27 AM6/2/23
to jesc...@ucm.es, DSI Studio
Hi Jesús,

You may check the console output of GUI (in GUI, click on the
console button) to see if there are any differences.

Best,
Frank