Require code explaination

Anubhav Kaushik

Apr 29, 2015, 6:11:51 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
    response = HttpResponse()

    protected = settings.PROTECTED_AUDIO_ROOT + path

    logger.info('Protected path: %s', protected)

    response["X-Accel-Redirect"] = protected

    response["Content-Type"] = "audio/mpeg"

    return response

François Schiettecatte

Apr 29, 2015, 7:25:58 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Which part do you mean? The 'X-Accel-Redirect’ ?

François

Anubhav Kaushik

Apr 29, 2015, 7:28:13 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
yes francois ,when i searched the term ,all i got was links related to nginx.

François Schiettecatte

Apr 29, 2015, 7:40:56 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
I found this page which was pretty clear I think:

http://wiki.nginx.org/XSendfile

Looks like an nginx directive to serve a file as the content of the response.

F.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b29c48fc-cb9d-49dd-869f-140afd5d1b6d%40googlegroups.com.

Anubhav Kaushik

Apr 29, 2015, 7:55:27 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
 but i am not running ny nginx server , m just running default wsgi server with django ,and files are still served file ,can you explain how that is happening?

François Schiettecatte

Apr 29, 2015, 8:05:26 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
You need to be a little more specific about what the context is, and what you are observing, rather than just plastering up some code.

- Is this code in an app you are working with ? Did you write this code ?

- Is the audio file being served by your application through the default wsgi server included in django?

F.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e158ec09-020a-4b80-9913-c0e2c3eccc8a%40googlegroups.com.

Anubhav Kaushik

Apr 29, 2015, 8:28:09 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
yes i am working on this code but  i havnt wrote this code otherwise i would not have required the explaination i guess.

and for your second question , i am not sure coz  as you said it looked like nginx directive , but i am running it on default wsgi server included in django . so i am asking how wsgi server is serving what a nginx is supposed to serve?

François Schiettecatte

Apr 29, 2015, 9:47:07 AM4/29/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Well the response does not seem to contain the audio file, to the best of my knowledge Django does not implement X-Accel-Redirect, are you running all this on the same machine? Maybe your browser is getting the file ? Seems unlikely. Have you tried something like ‘curl’ to make the request in debug mode to see what is coming over the wire back from Django?

F.