How 2 access the Primary model's ID in the Foreign model??

Sourajit Mohanty

Dec 4, 2018, 4:49:07 PM12/4/18
to Django users
I have 2 model classes Album and Songs(where Song is the Foreign key)
I want to access the Albums ID in the Songs class..
How can I do that??

Mike Dewhirst

Dec 4, 2018, 5:44:16 PM12/4/18
to Django users
song = Songs.objects.get(name='Happy birthday')
albumid = song.album.id

Similarly ...

album = song.album

This assumes your model code in Songs names the foreign key 'album'

Peter of the Norse

Jan 1, 2019, 2:31:14 AM1/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Also song.album_id will work as well, and faster too.

Sent from my iPad

mazz ahmed

Jan 1, 2019, 3:33:58 AM1/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
hope everyone doing well. I am working on tornado framework. I want to use admin panel for that app but I am getting a single solution using Django alongside of tornado for admin panel. I want to use some package in the tornado which gives me admin panel.
If anyone knows let me know Please.
Thanks&Regars Mazz Ahmed