n00b question - using Django for web services

Roger Rustad

Sep 22, 2014, 2:19:45 AM9/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have a limited progamming background (C++ in school 10+ years ago) and am needing to setup an API framework to take HTTP callbacks from landing pages (e.g. Unbounce).  Given my following requirements and conditions, is Django what I want to use and where is the best place to start?
  • forms filled out on a different page will need to send their info to my server (e.g. in a webhook or HTTP callback format).
  • My web services box needs to take those inputs (JSON POSTS ?) and then take action on them
  • First action I'll do here is to SMS / call via Twilio
(I have a basic Python background — enough to follow someone else’s code, but not enough to hit the ground running on a big projects.)

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rog

François Schiettecatte

Sep 22, 2014, 8:31:59 AM9/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com