Deployment in Django

Aryak Sengupta

Mar 22, 2014, 5:20:14 AM3/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

What is the simplest way to go about Django deployment?
So far, I have found stuffs like pythonanywhere and Django's own deployment tutorial

But what is the simplest and the easiest way to go about deployment?

P.S. I am new to Django.

Kamal Kaur

Mar 22, 2014, 9:01:15 AM3/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Aryak Sengupta <aryaks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But what is the simplest and the easiest way to go about deployment?
>
> P.S. I am new to Django.

Starting with a small app, following a good tutorial is not a bad
idea! And the simplest, it lets you start from basics. Make sure you
use git right from the first step. Will be beneficial. First try
exploring about it.

Something I just found:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5467916/what-is-a-good-tutorial-for-django-other-than-the-django-documentation

--
Kamaljeet Kaur

kamalkaur188.wordpress.com
facebook.com/kaur.188

Ariel E. Isidro

Mar 22, 2014, 9:52:46 AM3/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

After git, pythonanywhere is a simple way to deploy and publish.

Amim Knabben

Mar 22, 2014, 7:47:02 AM3/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Probably the ones you read there...

If you aren't new on Linux, install the env on Virtualenv (go for virtualenvwrapper, it will give you some hackable shortcuts), I like PostgreSQL most, for static/media stuff normally I use Nginx, and for WSGI Gunicorn, the guys from New Relic have an awesome monitoring tool for free (without history).

The answer for your first question can be: try Gondor.io or Heroku. But if you have spare time grab some beers and go with Vagrant, Chef and a bunch of Fabric lines.

Aryak Sengupta

Mar 24, 2014, 2:39:06 AM3/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

Is there any proper guideline or tutorial for creating a git repository for Django projects before using pythonanywhere for publishibg it?

                                                                                           Thanks

Lachlan Musicman

Mar 24, 2014, 6:47:04 AM3/24/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
There's no such thing as a proper Git repository for Django, or even a
proper layout for django.

But you really can't go wrong following the advise offered in Two
Scoops of Django by Daniel Greenfeld and Audrey Roy. First up, they
say exactly that - there is no "right" way. Then they follow with "but
this is how we do it and why" - their experience shines through and
their reasoning is well made and makes good sense.

I've done all my layouts since in the same way, and it works
wonderfully - if only in my own head. Hope that helps.

Cheers
L.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALTbq1zXhLCLTa%3D7F872tPvyergXX_DEeZQrC0-yT3rfDjP9GQ%40mail.gmail.com.

From this perspective it is natural that anarchism be marked by
spontaneity, differentiation, and experimentation that it be marked by
an expressed affinity with chaos, if chaos is understood to be what
lies outside or beyond the dominant game or system. Because of the
resistance to definition and categorisation, the anarchist principle
has been variously interpreted as, rather than an articulated
position, “a moral attitude, an emotional climate, or even a mood”.
This mood hangs in dramatic tension between utopian hope or dystopian
nihilism...
-----
http://zuihitsu.org/godspeed-you-black-emperor-and-the-politics-of-chaos

Aryak Sengupta