Unable to write to database

William Nash (Bill)

May 21, 2023, 1:54:29 PM5/21/23
to Django users
I'm new to django and I'm trying to learn as I program a small website for my scuba diving business.   I'm running into a error that when I try to add a diver the database does not update.  When I goto http://localhost:8000/add_diver/add_diver/  I'm able to add a diver.

My code is located at:  https://github.com/wrnash1/ascubadiving

Thanks for any help on this application.

Bill

Abdulrahman Abbas

May 21, 2023, 1:56:45 PM5/21/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Send your error message

William Nash (Bill)

May 21, 2023, 2:30:56 PM5/21/23
to Django users
I do not see any error messages.

Michael Edet

May 21, 2023, 11:32:46 PM5/21/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Did you install django???
And said you put py manage.py runserver

Sebastian Jung

May 22, 2023, 2:28:18 AM5/22/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
You have several apps. This is too much time to view all apps. Please send us code which is responsible to save this model. I need code from views.py and forms.py and pethaps model.py

Regards

William Nash

May 22, 2023, 7:55:19 AM5/22/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
I can get the website to come up, but I can't save anything to the database.  Django is installed in a .venv folder and activated with source .venv/bin/activate.

William Nash
Padi Instructor#367103
Texas Mason A.F.& A.M.: https://grandlodgeoftexas.org/
Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing. .
CConfidential Communication: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which the e-mail is addressed. Suppose the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient. In that case, that person is notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us as soon as possible by telephone (collect calls will be accepted). Thank you for your cooperation and assistance

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CACM0XWxR_agWmor7AdAQZ%2B%3DdUsGFasvnbVv_GzCSe29WjSfPDA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dev Femi Badmus

May 22, 2023, 11:51:13 AM5/22/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have similar error is due to system permission are you running on Linux?

chown www-data:www-data /home/username/project-folder

chown www-data:www-data /home/username/project-folder/db.sqlite3

Larry Martell

May 22, 2023, 12:30:18 PM5/22/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 10:54 AM William Nash (Bill) <wrn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to django and I'm trying to learn as I program a small website for my scuba diving business. I'm running into a error that when I try to add a diver the database does not update. When I goto http://localhost:8000/add_diver/add_diver/ I'm able to add a diver.

This is confusing - you said you get an error when you try and add a
diver to the database but when you goto
http://localhost:8000/add_diver/add_diver/ it works. In the case where
you get an error, how are you adding it? Please post your code and
tell us what the error you get is.

aung naing12

May 22, 2023, 5:34:06 PM5/22/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello sir can I talk to you about our community

William Nash (Bill)

May 23, 2023, 8:14:57 AM5/23/23
to Django users

The system permission solved the issues.  Thank you.

Jun Say

May 24, 2023, 9:21:21 PM5/24/23
to Django users
May i have a question related to Django?

ivan harold

Aug 9, 2023, 11:13:42 AM8/9/23
to Django users
Jun +Say what is your question?