Finished and Published Tango with Rango Tutorials

Amimo Benja

Nov 30, 2013, 7:31:13 AM11/30/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I finished the Tango with Rango Tutorials and published the app at amimobenja.pythonanywhere.com/rango/ however it is not working as expected.

Check out the site and review the whole whole code at https://github.com/amimobenja/tango_with_django and recommend any necessary changes.

Lee

Nov 30, 2013, 3:09:31 PM11/30/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Presumably you are talking about the left menu being broken and the 'Find a category' not working?

For the first, looks like you are missing a closing div for the top nav bar. Regarding the Find a category not working, I had the same issue and there was a problem in the tutorial with an extra tab that should not have been there. If I recall, the issue was in the suggest_category view and it relates to the following line:

cat_list = get_category_list(8, starts_with)

That line should not be tabbed as shown in the tutorial as the tab causes it to become part of the above else and so cat_list is not populates as expected. Have a look at the final code from the reference site:

Amimo Benja

Dec 2, 2013, 1:45:29 AM12/2/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's what I also thought... I will update the recommended changes... Thanks Lee.