Best way to implement list&detail pattern

Jean-Noël Colin

Jun 28, 2016, 8:04:43 AM6/28/16
to Django users
Hi
I'm rather new to Django, but familiar with Java based web framework; I'd like to implement a simple list&detail screen, so in the top part, have a list of objects, and when selecting one of them, loading the details in a form at the bottom where you can edit; there should also be a link in the list to allow to delete an object (after confirmation) as well as the possibility to create a new one. All that in a single screen.
Is it feasible? Is it good practice or is it better to have different screens (one for the list, one for the different actions)?
Thanks
Jean-Noël

Luis Zárate

Jun 28, 2016, 9:07:31 AM6/28/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Maybe with generic view

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/class-based-views/

Especially with

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/class-based-views/generic-display/

There is a lot information about how to implement what you need.

"La utopía sirve para caminar" Fernando Birri