i need help

Aladin Masen

Aug 9, 2018, 11:31:58 AM8/9/18
to Django users

Please how can i use the django_markdown  with django 2

Kasper Laudrup

Aug 9, 2018, 2:17:09 PM8/9/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aladin,

On 09/08/2018 15.07, Aladin Masen wrote:

> Please how can i use the django_markdown  with django 2

You probably can't, since the library seems to be unmaintained and not
updated for use with Django 2, unless you want to fork it and make the
changes needed for supporting Django 2.

I have used django-markdownx:

https://neutronx.github.io/django-markdownx/

Which was just fine for my (very basic) requirements.

A better option might be to use django-markup:

https://django-markup.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

I don't have any experience with that, but I plan to look into it.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

Aladin Masen

Aug 11, 2018, 5:58:20 AM8/11/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I want to use it in my admin

Sent from my iPhone

Derek

Aug 12, 2018, 3:56:03 AM8/12/18
to Django users
Then you'll need to overwrite/customise the admin templates; see:

Lots of blogs also cover this topic; e.g.
(there are may more)