Recommend Tutorials

Tim Johnson

Nov 26, 2018, 8:34:00 PM11/26/18
to Django ML
Using django 2.0 on ubuntu with python 3.5.2

Some tutorials that I have tried have deprecated code and I get
errors.

I would appreciate recommendations for tutorials that are concurrent
with my version of django.

I presume that one at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/intro/tutorial01/ is about as
current as they come :).

It would be fun to experiment with others however.
thanks
--
Tim Johnson
http://www.tj49.com

Phako Perez

Nov 26, 2018, 11:18:50 PM11/26/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
What I can recommend to you for this, is to use same versions for each module on the tutorial so your code will works

You can create a virtual environment for each tutorial using viertualenv and as a good practice you can list all module requirements on requirements.txt file

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Johnson

Nov 27, 2018, 11:15:30 AM11/27/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
* Phako Perez <13.ph...@gmail.com> [181126 19:29]:
> What I can recommend to you for this, is to use same versions for each module on the tutorial so your code will works
>
> You can create a virtual environment for each tutorial using viertualenv and as a good practice you can list all module requirements on requirements.txt file
I am using a virtual environment, however I have not implemented a
requirements.txt, will look into it.

In the meantime, tutorials, tutorials ... my poor little brain has
nothing to grab onto otherwise.

thanks