Django channels 2 and data binding

Fabio Andrés García Sánchez

Mar 24, 2018, 10:11:40 PM3/24/18
to Django users
Is there any example about how to use data binding with django channels? I could not find any source to insertando how to do it.

Andrew Godwin

Mar 24, 2018, 11:24:39 PM3/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
There are no examples yet - I removed data binding from core Channels in the 2.0 release because it had a high maintenance overhead and as yet there's not a replacement. I was hoping someone might volunteer to help build it as an external package but if not, I may eventually get time to write it later in the year.

Andrew

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 7:07 PM, Fabio Andrés García Sánchez <fabio.garc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any example about how to use data binding with django channels? I could not find any source to insertando how to do it.

Fabio Andrés García Sánchez

Mar 25, 2018, 2:07:04 AM3/25/18
to Django users
Thank Andrew.
I would like to know if it is a good idea to keep using django 1.x to get data binding or would you recomend another path to keep update my frontend with my lastest data?

Andrew Godwin

Mar 25, 2018, 12:08:19 PM3/25/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can write most of the data binding functionality yourself in Channels 2 by adding group send methods to model save methods, but if Channels 1 is working for you right now, I wouldn't move until you're forced to.

Andrew

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 11:07 PM, Fabio Andrés García Sánchez <fabio.garc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank Andrew.
I would like to know if it is a good idea to keep using django 1.x to get data binding or would you recomend another path to keep update my frontend with my lastest data?

ijazz jazz

Apr 17, 2018, 8:23:54 AM4/17/18
to Django users
This not only meant that all request data had to be re-serialized over the network, but that you needed to deploy and scale two separate sets of servers. Channels 2 changes this by running the Django code in-process via a threadpool, meaning that the network termination and application logic are combined, like WSGI.