[Dixonary] Late Posting of Round 3230 (MYTACISM) results

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 13, 2022, 11:19:57 PM2/13/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Fellow Dixonarists,

Alan (the dealer of Round 3230, MYTACISM) just emailed me. He asked me to tell the group that he's been traveling all day. He's finally reached Oaxaca, Mexico, but is too tired from travel to deal with the results right now. He assured me that they'll be out by tomorrow afternoon.

I've emailed him to ask if, pending full results, he knows who the next dealer will be so we can get started on Round 3231. He might or might not. If he does, perhaps he'll send that to the group. If he sends it to me, I'll send out a follow-up message.

Efrem

Daniel B Widdis

Feb 13, 2022, 11:28:44 PM2/13/22
to Dixonary
By my count, the author of definition #4 is the next dealer regardless of what the real def is.

Daniel B Widdis

Feb 13, 2022, 11:29:47 PM2/13/22
to Dixonary
(Unless, of course, #4 is the real definition, and then I have no clue.)

Shani Naylor

Feb 13, 2022, 11:39:03 PM2/13/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I think  #8 is the real def...

Daniel B Widdis

Feb 13, 2022, 11:43:28 PM2/13/22
to Dixonary

I think it could be 7 or 9 which is also why I voted that way. 😉

But I think it’s safe to assume it’s not 4 and 4’s author should be choosing a new woid.

Paul Keating

Feb 14, 2022, 3:25:17 AM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Well, the reaI def isn't 9. That was mine. Though I did pinch it from Liddell & Scott.

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 14, 2022, 7:14:59 AM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I suspected as much, but hadn't kept an exact count. #4 is mine.

At the moment I'm dealing with a car crisis that ended up with me away from home, said car stranded about 15 miles away, and undriveable. (A tire came off, will probably need a new wheel after driving on the rim to a safe stopping place, nobody was hurt, no other damage AFAIK.) I'll need to arrange a tow and figure out my own carless logistics. New word as soon as I can fit it in and I'm somewhere with wi-fi - hopefully this morning North American eastern time, certainly today.

Efrem

=========================

Paul Keating

Feb 14, 2022, 8:22:29 AM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
In a case like this, I think you're entitled to ask the next in line to stand in for you. I believe that's me.

Paul Keating

Feb 14, 2022, 8:31:33 AM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
... and I have no mains electricity right now.

ALAN MALLACH

Feb 14, 2022, 8:39:51 AM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Dan Widdis is third with an unnatural three. As it happens, the real def was #7.
Alan
On 02/14/2022 8:31 AM Paul Keating <dixo...@boargules.com> wrote:

... and I have no mains electricity right now.

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 14, 2022, 11:37:34 AM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, but no need. My car is now at the service location. I'll get either a repaired car or a loaner within the next couple of hours. With any luck I'll be able to post before then, depending on whether my laptop battery lasts long enough. It's a new battery, it shows 76% charged at the moment, and I have the screen brightness turned way down, so the chances of that approach certainty.

Efrem

On Feb 14, 2022, at 8:22 AM, Paul Keating <dixo...@boargules.com> wrote:

In a case like this, I think you're entitled to ask the next in line to stand in for you. I believe that's me.

ALAN MALLACH

Feb 14, 2022, 6:51:44 PM2/14/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Here are the complete scores for round 3230 - I'll fill in the details later:

E Mallach     5
Keating        4 (inc 2 for getting the right def)
Widdis          3 (inc 2 for getting the right def)
Barrs            2
Naylor          2
Real def       2
Bourne         1
Embler         1
Lodge          1
Madnick       1
Shefler         1

No one else submitted a definition.

Alan
On 02/14/2022 8:31 AM Paul Keating <dixo...@boargules.com> wrote:

... and I have no mains electricity right now.

Daniel B Widdis

Feb 15, 2022, 12:43:23 AM2/15/22
to Dixonary

I’d have passed as well as I’m headed on vacation to New Orleans ( to ride in a Mardi Gras parade float ) and while I could deal, I don’t want to!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

From: Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of ALAN MALLACH <amal...@comcast.net>
Date: Monday, February 14, 2022 at 5:39 AM
To: Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Dixonary] Late Posting of Round 3230 (MYTACISM) results

Dan Widdis is third with an unnatural three. As it happens, the real def was #7.

Shani Naylor

Feb 15, 2022, 2:11:27 AM2/15/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Oh la la!! Dare I ask, what is the float & what will you be wearing?

Daniel B. Widdis

Feb 15, 2022, 1:36:42 PM2/15/22
to Dixonary
I'm riding with the Krewe of King Arthur

I'll be wearing the appropriate costume which includes a mandatory mask.... over the eyes. :-)

I haven't yet seen the float to know what it looks like!

Chowie

Feb 15, 2022, 4:32:46 PM2/15/22
to Dixonary
We will look forward to a photo if one is taken!

France International/Mike Shefler

Feb 16, 2022, 10:56:08 AM2/16/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Evidently no one noticed that this word was dealt by Dan Widdis in round 2169, including Dan, who ended up voting for the correct def.

Daniel B Widdis

Feb 16, 2022, 11:17:00 AM2/16/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps that meant it was the sort of definition I liked.

Sent from my iPhone