Problem with CCSD-T energy calculation

Stephan P. A. Sauer

Aug 22, 2021, 2:58:27 PM8/22/21
to dirac-users
Dear all,

I am trying to run a CCSD-T calculation, which is maybe a bit big and
the jobs just keeps doing on me and I cannot figure out why (not
enough memory or disk full or whatever), because I don't get a real
error message.

Maybe there is not enough memory, because I am not sure, whether I
really understand the use of the -ag and -gb options to pam.

I attach the output file and the error file from the queue system. Any
suggestion will be very welcome.

Best wishes
Stephan
zero-25392476.err
zero_SnCl2-exp-c1-c3-c3.out

Ilias Miroslav, doc. RNDr., PhD.

Aug 22, 2021, 3:58:13 PM8/22/21
to dirac-users
Stephan.

the demand is :
Predicted RelCC memory demand: 77.686 GB

but "
DIRAC master (node218.cluster) starts by allocating 4026000000 r*8 words ( 29.996 GB) of memory"  ... you assign only 30GB via --gb

please use --ag=80   --gb=79 per 1 MPI thread

for example, on machine with 256GB RAM  you can afford --mpi=3, that is 3 MPI threads

Aug 23, 2021, 4:42:36 AM8/23/21
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ilias,

thanks a lot for this suggestion. I will try it immediately.

Mvh / Best wishes / Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Stephan

Stephan P. A. Sauer
Professor
Head of Section Physical Chemistry

Department of Chemistry, University of Copenhagen
Universitetsparken 5, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Tel : +45-35320268
E-mail : sa...@kiku.dk (research related issues)
sa...@chem.ku.dk (administration related issues)
http://www.ki.ku.dk/ansatte/alle/profil/?id=110408
https://sites.google.com/site/spasauer
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-4966-2008

Author of Molecular Electromagnetism: A Computational Chemistry Approach
(http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199575398.do)