HamPC 3.0.1 (August 2022) Released

Al Beard

Aug 20, 2022, 11:21:45 PM8/20/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Walter just emailed the release of:
HamPC 3.0.1 (August 2022) Released

On reading the README file, "FreeDV" is noted to be:

FreeDV - Free digital voice vocoder

And should add "complete digital voice app" or something.

And, in the README, no mention of "M17".

I also was looking for software to use my transceiver and a computer here
to be either a WebSDR or, such as "freebeacon", supplying services online
or by radio, whiles't I'm not in my shack.

Keep smiling

Alan VK2ZIW
Before the Big Bang, God, Sela.
OpenWebMail 2.53, nothing in the cloud.

Mooneer Salem

Aug 21, 2022, 3:10:38 AM8/21/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

It seems that the only M17 related project (from https://pm.m17project.org/discover/search?order_by=-total_fans_last_year, anyway) that may fit is the GNU Radio support for the mode. Unfortunately I don't see GNU Radio in the list of tasks that HamPi runs (https://github.com/dslotter/HamPi/tree/master/tasks) so that may be something you or someone else will need to submit a pull request for.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ