File/Restore not working with ibmcloud

Jonathan Lennox

Jul 17, 2021, 3:13:05 PM7/17/21
to Cyberduck
I have an IBM cloud object storage account which is set up to move files to the Archive Tier after 30 days.

IBM cloud object storage supports the S3 API, and its Archive Tier storage is API-compatible with Amazon's Glacier storage; I can use the AWS CLI to request file restoration by using

aws s3api restore-object --bucket [bucket] --restore-request 'Days=7' --key [filename]

However, the "File/Restore" option in Cyberduck does not work on this same COS instance - Cyberduck says "Failure to write attributes of [filename].  Standard retrieval is currently not supported. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance."

In case the issue was the "days" parameter (the s3api CLI command doesn't work if the "Days" parameter isn't set), I set the relevant hidden configuration option using

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/ch.sudo.cyberduck.plist s3.glacier.restore.expiration.days 7

(I'm on a Mac) but this didn't help.

Any advice?

Thanks!

David Kocher

Jul 17, 2021, 4:33:58 PM7/17/21
to Cyberduck
Try to set the appropriate restore tier using the hidden configuration option "s3.glacier.restore.tier”. The default is “Standard”.

— David
> Post bug reports and feature requests
> http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
> --
> Support development
> http://cyberduck.ch/donate/
>
> ---

Jonathan Lennox

Jul 17, 2021, 4:56:59 PM7/17/21
to Cyberduck
That worked, thank you!  I set the restore tier to "Bulk" - it looks like IBMCloud only supports "Bulk" and "Accelerated".