current recommended practice for installing crossbar on centos 7?

已查看 54 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Stephen Waterbury

未读,
2016年9月29日 11:02:332016/9/29
收件人 Crossbar
I suspect the crossbar.io web site is out of date in this
respect but I just wanted to check -- it currently says there
are 2 methods of installing crossbar on CentOS:
"from the official binary distribution (recommended) or
from source".

But I would think a better way would be to yum install the
platform's PyPy and do a pip install of crossbar.

Obviously there are also other ways -- what is currently
recommended?

Thanks!
Steve

Tobias Oberstein

未读,
2016年9月29日 11:48:312016/9/29
收件人 cross...@googlegroups.com

Hi Stephen,

currently (we need to get binary packages built more timely), on CentOS, I'd use the distro Python 2 + virtualenv, and then pip install Crossbar.io into a dedicated virtualenv.

Cheers,
Tobias

Sent from Mobile (Google Nexus 5)

Steve Waterbury

未读,
2016年9月29日 12:03:052016/9/29
收件人 cross...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Tobias! So you would recommend using the distro Python 2
over using the distro PyPy(2)?

On 09/29/2016 11:48 AM, Tobias Oberstein wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> currently (we need to get binary packages built more timely), on CentOS,
> I'd use the distro Python 2 + virtualenv, and then pip install
> Crossbar.io into a dedicated virtualenv.
>
> Cheers,
> Tobias
>
> Sent from Mobile (Google Nexus 5)
>

> Am 29.09.2016 5:02 nachm. schrieb "Stephen Waterbury"
> <wate...@pangalactic.us <mailto:wate...@pangalactic.us>>:
>
> I suspect the crossbar.io <http://crossbar.io> web site is out of
> date in this
> respect but I just wanted to check -- it currently says there
> are 2 methods of installing crossbar on CentOS:
> "from the official binary distribution (recommended) or
> from source".
>
> But I would think a better way would be to yum install the
> platform's PyPy and do a pip install of crossbar.
>
> Obviously there are also other ways -- what is currently
> recommended?
>
> Thanks!
> Steve

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crossbario/CABuE%2BY4HSMkOONbi-LzOOn%3DWpd5w19762hYDW0TBKVWS8F_JKw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crossbario/CABuE%2BY4HSMkOONbi-LzOOn%3DWpd5w19762hYDW0TBKVWS8F_JKw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Tobias Oberstein

未读,
2016年9月29日 12:36:212016/9/29
收件人 cross...@googlegroups.com
Am 29.09.2016 um 18:03 schrieb Steve Waterbury:
> Thanks, Tobias! So you would recommend using the distro Python 2
> over using the distro PyPy(2)?

Ah, sorry, no, PyPy2 is perfect! Use that ..

Cheers,
/Tobias
回复全部
回复作者