WAMP Schema

Eric Chapman

Nov 23, 2015, 12:27:28 PM11/23/15
to Crossbar
Hey team,

I noticed the addition of defining a schema for each URI using "wamp.schema.define".  This is great!!  I had actually started down this road a few months back with the intention of creating something "SWAGGER" style to support the creation of tools.  Two questions
  • I see a reference to "http://wamp.ws/schema#" at http://crossbar.io/docs/Using-Schemas/ but couldn't find any extensive documentation.  Have you actually defined the Schema?
  • If not, would you guys like help defining that?  I am starting down the path anyways and figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone and help you guys standardize it.
Thanks
Eric

Elvis Stansvik

Nov 23, 2015, 12:43:54 PM11/23/15
to cross...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

> Hey team,
>
> I noticed the addition of defining a schema for each URI using
> "wamp.schema.define". This is great!! I had actually started down this
> road a few months back with the intention of creating something "SWAGGER"
> style to support the creation of tools. Two questions
>
> I see a reference to "http://wamp.ws/schema#" at
> http://crossbar.io/docs/Using-Schemas/ but couldn't find any extensive
> documentation. Have you actually defined the Schema?

I remembered Tobias discussing it on the Autobahn list last year, and
found the mail:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/autobahnws/jW_6UZYBhpQ/ceD4BuRiqPkJ

It briefly describes how wamp.reflect.define is to be called.

Not sure if it still applies though (Tobias?). And of course the spec
of it should be completed (it's in section 13.3.12 and 13.6.8 in the
RFC draft, which has "sketch" status) and then documentation written.

Elvis

> If not, would you guys like help defining that? I am starting down the path
> anyways and figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone and help you guys
> standardize it.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Alexander Gödde

Dec 2, 2015, 8:46:56 AM12/2/15
to Crossbar
Hi Eric!

AFAIK we still want to go ahead with having schemas, and there isn't anything/much beyond what is documented.

So if you want to contribute here, then this is absolutely welcome. An immediate contribution could be to file an issue in the WAMP repo (e.g. "define WAMP schema") and describe your use case there, plus possibly your thoughts on your own design efforts.

We hope to be able to commit more time to working on WAMP soon.

Regards,

Alex

Eric Chapman

Dec 2, 2015, 9:48:18 AM12/2/15
to Crossbar
Excellent.  Thank you Alex.  The bulk of my motivation is that I am about to start building tools to automate things using the Schema and I definitely don't want to veer from the standard because that is not useful to anyone.  I will write definitely submit something in the next day or so.

Thanks!
Eric