revPBE0 stuck on the force calculation

yl z

Jan 25, 2024, 1:12:04 AMJan 25
to cp2k
Hi all,

I run the calculation of 150 waters on Au(111) surface (6*6*4) with a CO molecule adsorbed. Everything was fine for the electronic scf calculation. However, it will stuck on the force calculation. The job is still alive but noting output. I have attached my input file and output file. Any help would be appreciated.
CO+water+Au.xyz
cp2k.out
CO+water+Au.inp

Jürg Hutter

Jan 26, 2024, 4:22:28 AMJan 26
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi
any updates on this problem? From your input and output I would
expect the forces to be about 4x more expensive than your first SCF
step, i.e about 1400 seconds.
If the job stalled longer, I would suggest to investigate possible memory issues.

regards
JH

Jan 26, 2024, 12:21:41 PMJan 26
to cp2k
Thank you for your reply. I waited an hour and didn't get the force.

Regarding memory, do you mean using nodes with lager memory?

Best,
Yaolong

yl z

Jan 27, 2024, 12:18:47 AMJan 27
to cp2k
Thank you for your instruction. I have switched to another nodes with large memory. I can get the force.

Best,
Yaolong

在2024年1月26日星期五 UTC-7 02:22:28<Jürg Hutter> 写道: