Executables will not run even from ./exe/ folder

Mohamed Ahmed

Feb 23, 2020, 8:24:57 AM2/23/20
to cp2k
Dears,

After successfully compiling cp2k v7.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, the program will not run. Please refer to the attached screenshot. You will notice that which cp2k.popt for example returns null. And so is the case for the rest of the executables.

Please help me to get the program running.

Thanks.
Screenshot from 2020-02-23 13-20-53.png

Tiziano Müller

Feb 24, 2020, 2:38:38 AM2/24/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohamed,

this is not really a problem with CP2K but how the shell works.
I would strongly recommend on catching up on that topic before
continuing with CP2K, for example with this resource here:
https://missing.csail.mit.edu/2019/shell/
Specifically, on how to run commands and the $PATH variable.

Best regards,
Tiziano

--
Tiziano Müller
University of Zurich

Tel: +41 44 63 54234
www.chem.uzh.ch
tiziano...@chem.uzh.ch

Mohamed Ahmed

Feb 24, 2020, 4:16:26 AM2/24/20
to cp2k
Dear Tiziano,

Thank you very much for your reply. The problem is now solved.

With my best regards.

Mohamed

Brandon Meza González

May 11, 2020, 12:49:01 AM5/11/20
to cp2k
Dear, Mohamed?

How do you solve your problem?

It will be very helpful if you share your solutions

Kind Regards,

Brandon Meza-González