How do you create an electric field ?

Evelyn Navarro

Apr 1, 2021, 4:29:26 AM4/1/21
to cp2k
Hello,All

I want to create an electric field by applying an electric charge to some of the atoms in the model.But I did not find the relevant keywords, whether there are these functions.

Best wishes,
Evelyn

hut...@chem.uzh.ch

Apr 1, 2021, 8:18:04 AM4/1/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

you can define a ghost atom with a charge and no basis functions.
This way you can define point charges or smeared charges by using
a local pseudopotential.
However, this will most likely not work for tight-binding Hamiltonians.

BTW, there are several methods for applying local or periodic e-fields.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C FAX : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich E-mail: hut...@chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

Apr 1, 2021, 11:14:16 PM4/1/21
to cp2k

Can you talk a little bit about these methods for applying local or periodic e-fields.

Giuseppe Cassone

Apr 2, 2021, 3:19:31 AM4/2/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

if you need to apply a static electric field along the simulation box, you can exploit the

Best regards,
Giuseppe